cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

House move fiasco!

So we were set to have broad band switched on on the 20th December after logging the house move some weeks ago. 
guess what nothing happened! 
after calling CS was told ‘ah your order is stuck in the system?’ Really? 

‘We need to cancel your order , rebook the order in 24hrs time, then we can book a switch over date?’ 
 I already had a switch over date booked? 
so infuriating, sounds to me like the canceling of the order got someone off the hook that didn’t do there job and kept things in SLA no doubt  

and to top it off they then switched the useless Halo mini 4g hub of with a nice text saying your all up and running! Joke  

seriously you couldn’t write this. 

escalation needed and complaints ! 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: House move fiasco!

@anygreg 

Is there someone living there already, and do they have phone and broadband services?

If they had asked their provider to cancel their services, instead of allowing you to take over their line, then that would cause your home move order to be cancelled. It could only be created again, once the pending cease was completed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

We’ve moved house from a bt service to an empty property with the same bt service . We had a switch over date set for yesterday. 
broadband was due to go live yesterday. 
it didn’t due to some Bull about order being stuck in the system. Which has now turned into they may of been a fault on the line from a few days ago? No specifics just waffle from BT. 
Really poor service and bad Customer service 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

There could well have been a  potential fault if the auto line test indicated a disconnection.

If that test failed, then the order would not progress until it was investigated, or someone manually intervened. All orders are handled robotically and there is a set sequence that is followed, so its quite possible for it to get "stuck" on a failed step.

There are likely to be a queue of tasks waiting for intervention at this time of the year, not a good time to move house.

The other possibility is that there is no broadband capacity left in the cabinet, but you can check this yourself using the broadband availability checker.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The property had BT Infinity up until July 2020 as we were running the property and keeping things working like CCTV and alarm system etc. 

the property was my fathers who passed away end December 19, probate has taken 2 years, wasn’t like we had a choice on when to move as I’d of much preferred to move spring. We’re paying bills on 2 properties plus the council give no discount on council tax so we are paying for both properties on this as well. It genuinely is a nightmare, but make no mistake BT provided all the information and dates for switch over, not me. The issue is they haven’t stuck to these deadlines, I’m now being quoted another 4 days before the order can be rebooked and set up. 

im not even getting consistent information from the customer support teams, with each providing a different reason or excuse, with one actually being quite rude and condescending 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

There is no guarantee that an FTTC connection is still available, as there may be a waiting list. You can check that yourself.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @anygreg,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if your order has been delayed. If you send me your details, I'll be able to take a look at what is happening with your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Already checked, this was also checked by BT when I placed the order ? Hence why they agreed the activation date.
0 Ratings