Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7

How do I report a fault to Openreach

Go to solution

I have FTTP and have just noticed today that the lid of the external fibre jointing box (i.e. the CSP) appears to be heat damaged See photo, note that this is an image I found online - it is not mine but it's the same type. Can anyone advise how I report this please?

OpenreachJB.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I report a fault to Openreach

Go to solution
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You’re best off Reporting a fault to the FTTP Team as they can raise a fault that would go out to an FTTP Skilled Engineer that would carry a CSP.

The link Pippin provided is really for Network Damage only, i.e. cab doors open, telephone pole that got into a fight with a car, etc. All they’ll do is report either a DRO or DRU Job which will be pinned to any random Engineer who may or may not carry a replacement CSP.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Starwire 

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I've already reported it via the link @pippincp  supplied but I'm not holding my breath, the guy seemed somewhat vague to say the least, trying to persuade me that there won't be a CSP on my property (no joke).

He said someone will call  round in 48 hours, if they don't then I'll take your advice

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

All that Helpdesk will do is report a Network Fault, either as DRO, Damage Report Overhead or DRU, Damage Report Underground.

For the World of good it’ll do he could write War and Peace on what the actual issue is but the Work Allocation Controls seldom ever read the notes, that’s if it even has any human intervention by the Work Allocation and isn’t just kicked out to field where it will be auto allocated to the first available Engineer, whether they are FTTP Trained or not. In fact the chances of it going to an FTTP Trained Engineer are extremely slim as SD FTTP Engineers Jobs are manually sorted and allocated the day before.

It'll most likely just go out to a regular SD Engineer who will most likely just close it off and tell you to report it to your CP’s FTTP Helpdesk. That’s if he/she even bothers to call/speak to you. Will be a nice little easy comp for them though so they’ll not complain.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I'm pleased to say that Openreach have been and replaced the lid.

I'm told that the original boxes weren't UV proof but the later ones (which he's fitted) are.

@Starwire  Was right but it turned out not to be a problem, the first engineer came out this morning but didn't have the necessary part and so he arranged for another engineer to call, The second engineer called as promised and the job is now complete less than 24 hours after it was reported. 

In all fairness I have to say, excellent service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

"In all fairness I have to say, excellent service." @Anonymous I guess it's fair to say you don't believe it?..