cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hub6 faulty, can I use old Hub5

I think my Hub6 is faulty. Can I just plug in my old Hub5 and obtain internet connection to my BT infinity account?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub6 faulty, can I use old Hub5

yes as long as not FTTP   should be just plug and play

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for prompt reply. I am FTTC so as my Hub5 is also flashing orange a call to BT required.  Only thought Hub6 was a problem as will flash orange  orange solid and purple without me doing anything. Have factory reset also

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

have you checked connection by using the test socket with a filter just to make sure problem not your master faceplate or internal wiring that is causing the problem before phoning BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, done all that. Mine is an openreach mk3 box. I have fitted a new mk3 box and still no good. Phone line works but a bit of a crackle so a telephone call to BT required.

Many thanks

0 Ratings