cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

My broadband has slowed down

Hi all

Hope someone can help me, I’ve been on Bt for several years.

I just renewed recently in  Dec then again in Jan to Bt Halo 3+ but I noticed one day (I’m terrible for checking paperwork) that I’ve had a reduction in speed. I always used to get round the 20/25Meg mark ever since I’ve had BT  but now I’m lucky to get 14Meg

how come since I renewed I’ve gone down to 14M? and in peak times I’m around 7-11Meg??

I’ve attached two pics below. Of what I used to get and now what I have 

4491ECE2-39A4-4DBA-8204-51D70FAC0492.jpeg40F903BE-7C5F-460E-AD5C-926E868F5567.jpeg

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: My broadband has slowed down

these are just estimates
in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Thanks for replying my responses are in red

these are just estimates

Totally understand that. I don’t understand  why I was getting 20-25 Mg before Jan and now I’m struggling to hit 14megs since I’ve changed to BT Halo 3+
in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

attached

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

no Noise

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  

attached
Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

many thanks 015642EC-DF14-4515-94E3-42AD06B3F546.jpegD29F289E-D096-41C6-950E-6AF5DEB7CB27.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Which exchange and cab are you on. Was on to phone of dslchecker results but you have deleted it

have you been having connection problems with router dropping connection or manual reset or maybe a bit of both?

which master do you have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Hi again sorry I deleted it all ..

Peterborough Central - cabinet 25

no connection issues

master socket 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

From you hub stats you connection speed is only 15mb but attainable is 30mb and your noise margin is very high at 14db suggesting line problems normally line noise.  However if quiet can you try connecting to the test socket with a filter and repost your hub stats please

test socket shown by black arrow but areter removing from shown by red arrow you need to also remove,idle section shown by yellow arrow which then uncovers test socket

test-socket-thumb.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Hi again

funny you say about noise. After doing the test earlier, my dad rang and oh blimey what a load of crackling and hissing from our call. 

so after I spoke to my dad via mobile.. I did another test and took off the base plate and used a corded phone again ,

and there was some intermittent crackling and noise. So I’ve spoken to the BT operator who’s agreed there is noise on the phoneline and as I’ve spoken to them via using the corded phone on the test socket they will now send an engineer to look.

thanks for your help

i’ll keep you posted. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Your speed is below the handback threshold for that line so you should be able to require some action from BT i believe.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

@Gary_C  If you read his post you would know BT is sending an engineer.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

That post wasnt visible when I started my post.
You are a bit snippy Pippin
0 Ratings