cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Installing during virus

Go to solution

I’ve just switched from virgin fibre 350 to BT fibre 900 I’m just wondering because it made me book an engineer appointment online while doing the order If someone will have to enter the house? I’ve been isolating since the start and really don’t want anyone coming inside. 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Installing during virus

Go to solution

Engineers are taking precautions which include wiping down surfaces before and after, you might be asked to leave the room, a safe distance must be maintained and they will have PPE and more.

Full fibre will require an external and internal appointment, an ONT for the broadband will be installed inside unless you have one already.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
So if I have a ONT they won’t have to come in?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

If you have never had FTTP you won't have an ONT

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

‘Engineers are taking precautions which include wiping down surfaces before and after’

That’s hilarious, I don’t know a single one whose wiping down anything. That’s up to the EU.

‘Full fibre will require an external and internal appointment’

Not all require a Step 1. O/H provides seldom ever get them. UG Provides sometimes get them but again not always. Depends on what the Serving Network Nodes say.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Starwirewrote:

‘Engineers are taking precautions which include wiping down surfaces before and after’

That’s hilarious, I don’t know a single one whose wiping down anything. That’s up to the EU.

That's what advisors are telling customers before an appointment is booked, if it's wrong then a passing mod can flag it and change it, saves any complaints or confusion.

*Edit*

Coronavirus: Delivery, installations and repairs 

How to prepare for an engineer visit inside your home

If an engineer needs to enter your home please:

• clear a path to the main telephone socket, if you have one
  • wipe down any surfaces around the telephone socket that the engineer may come into contact with
  • open any windows or doors where the engineer will be working
  • keep two metres away from the engineer to maintain social distancing, and move to a different room if possible

The engineer will:

• contact you to check your circumstances and whether they still need to enter your home
  • follow government guidelines and wear protective equipment, for example a mask and/or gloves
  • wipe down any surface they have touched
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

They’re Telecoms Engineers, not Cleaners. People want their surfaces wiping down they can wipe it themselves.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I agree with that but why do they keep making a point trying to make out that they clean as part of the job. I wouldn’t trust them or want them to do that anyway hence why I don’t want anyone in my house. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@Natasha7711 

I wouldn’t trust them or want them to do that anyway hence why I don’t want anyone in my house. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Then it's a foregone conclusion you won't be having fibre installed. 

Simples.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

That’s why I was asking if anyone needed to enter my property so you saying that doesn’t really help I was asking more for people’s experiences during the pandemic. 

0 Ratings