cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Internet cuts off multiple times every night

Although that wiring looks poor, in itself there is no reason why it would cause issues just at  particular times so unless these issues happen at other times but just hasn’t been noticed, then perhaps it’s something else...., dodgy electrical equipment turning on or off  can cause a loss of sync ( search Rein/Shine ) so does anything coincide with this , like central heating coming on , turning off ?, 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Just had a quick read up on rein / shine, thanks for the advice. It is strange, I will keep monitoring but it only ever seems to disconnect during peak times and the last disconnect was around 11:30 last night but has been ongoing every night for weeks. 

The only additional devices I can think off the top of my head we might have online during those times is a PS4 console my wife sometimes plays while I'm working. Obviously there's the TV this is played on but that is relatively new & the issues predate since we bought the TV.

From what I've read faulty power adaptors can be a cause for this? so might try a new power lead on the PS4 and then I guess it's a process of elimination to figure out what could be interfering? 

We have contacted BT multiple times about this, occasionally after talking to them and them we can go a few months without issues but sometimes the people we speak to on the phone are very helpful, sometimes not at all! And we just end up running through the same pointless process of testing everything again. The last we heard off them was about 6 months ago when they were supposed to send us another replacement router but it never turned up. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

That’s a BT52a. It should never have been outside, which probably explains the oxidisation on it. That will cause a Rectified Loop and most likely a High Resistance Fault as well. Ideally they need constant dewatering, i.e. spraying with WD-40.

BT and now Openreach stopped using those years ago in favour of Petroleum Jelly Filled Crimps and or Connectors. 

Ideally you want to crimp the cable together, you can buy them online or from places like Screwfix.

As said though a hard network fault like a HR or Rectified Loop would usually cause drops in sync to happen throughout the day, not just between specific hours. 

Might be worth getting Openreach out, depending on the skill level and experience of the Engineer he/she might look deeper into the issue by checking the PSD and HLOG Graphs to determine if it is a REIN Issue. 

Like i said though that depends of the Experience and Skill level of the Engineer. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Hi @jaymul88 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. I'd be interested in trying to help figure this out for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings