cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Is there anyway I can keep the phone line connected to my router and take the phone out of my ro

Go to solution

There is another way. A long ethernet cable from the ONT/modem and move the Smart Hub 2 out the room or a long phone cable to plug the phone in from another room 😉 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Re: Is there anyway I can keep the phone line connected to my router and take the phone out of my ro

Go to solution
Sorry man, but I am just going with what my mum said as she was the one who spoke to the girl from BT earlier as she is the one who controls the packages we get.

I certainly hope that you are right. I guess we will find out on Tuesday when I get the hub and the phones through, if not I will look into what jac_95 said.

Thanks again for all your replies and for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

I have digital voice and have had it for 18months.  the hub is like a cordless phone base unit and the phones pair to the base so you can keep SH2 where it is normally placed and position your new phones anywhere in your home as dect gives better coverage than wifi.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

William, I think the DV phones you are waiting for can be placed anywhere within range of your Smart Hub 2 and require no cable because they communicate by radio. An 'ordinary' analog phone may be plugged into the green socket at the back of the SH2. The bottom line, I think, is that either type of phone usually has an option to silence the ringer.

Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
So the main phone does not have to be physically plugged into SH2? It will work via wifi? That is not what the engineer told me, I've got the kit but awaiting engineer to return next week to connect the new fibre cable which was laid to my house last week. Engineer said that the main phone would have to be plugged in to SH2, but any others will work remotely!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

Did you actually read the thread?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Yes I did!  But it does seem to contradict what the engineer told me. I am awaiting connection to fibre shortly, so to avoid irritating you further I will wait until that is done and then establish what works in practice.  

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

I've been upgraded to DV & if you're using the DV handsets they don't need to be connected directly to the hub

Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

@lyntwynt wrote:

Yes I did!  But it does seem to contradict what the engineer told me. I am awaiting connection to fibre shortly, so to avoid irritating you further I will wait until that is done and then establish what works in practice.  

We know what works in practice, the help desk and engineers appear to be totally clueless. Why post on the thread if you don't intend to believe what your are told, did you expect to get a different answer to that already given and if so, which answer did you intend choosing?

The DV phones are DECT, not wifi, they do not need to be connected to the hub, they are cordless technology. If you wish, you can connect an old analogue phone directly to the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks. BT inform me that delivery of my phone/s is pending  . I read somewhere that they have run out of stock. Meantime I hope to continue using my Panasonic DECT phones (KX-TG6823), although the engineer doubts that they will work with DV.  If not, I suspect I will be without a phone temporarily.  The irony here is that I did not request either full fibre or DV. They were discreetly packaged into my recent recontract!  By now a BT squad has dug up my front lawn to lay new fibre cable, but it is not yet connected at my end. I am an OAP and  my previous Halo deal serves my internet needs more than adequately.

0 Ratings