cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Just had FTTP installed - do i have to wait for the speed to increase?

Hi

Just got FTTP installed (900 package) and ran a speed test (wired) on a 2021 MBP with a gigabit connection and i am getting 93 Mb/s down and 68 MB/s up, do i have to wait for it to settle like traditional ADSL or should it work right out of the box at full speed?

regards

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just had FTTP installed - do i have to wait for the speed to increase?

if you read the many other posts like yours you will see it can take a few days for speed to settle/improve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

@dr_ic2 wrote:

Hi

Just got FTTP installed (900 package) and ran a speed test (wired) on a 2021 MBP with a gigabit connection and i am getting 93 Mb/s down and 68 MB/s up, do i have to wait for it to settle like traditional ADSL or should it work right out of the box at full speed?

regards

No, but make sure you are not confusing megaBITS with megaBYTES, a common mistake.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Wired or wireless? What speed test are you using?

The FTTP team recommend Fast.com run a speed test wired and post a screenshot of the result.

NB. Upload speed can take up to 72hrs to enable the full speed. This is because an auto update is required for the hub. Should be quicker though. FTTP does not need or use any type of line training as ADSL.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi

This is a wired speed test 4 hours after activationScreenshot 2021-12-13 at 14.33.40.png

regards

0 Ratings