cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Lan4 Ethernet Port only Not Connected

Struggling with my Homehub5. Lan1 to 3 work no problem. Lan4 always shows as not connected even though it appears to recognise the device.

E.g. I swap over the cables between Lan3 and Lan4 (a printer and a personal cloud) and the device ID (and IP Address swaps over on the Home Network graphic.

Whichever one is in Lan3 works and whichever one is in Lan4 doesn't.  Under the device name and IP address, Lan4 says not connected.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lan4 Ethernet Port only Not Connected

@jpwest93 

Have you tried a factory reset of the home hub?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Not yet. As I am expecting a domestic riot when everyone gets thrown off their plethora of devices, I was putting that off.

I did note from the community that was the fix when all 4 ports go down - I was just wondering if having only 1 port down was something different / unusual.

Thanks for the advice anyway. Will invoke the nuclear option and see.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Internal hardware can lock up, and needs a total reset, if a normal power cycle does not fix it.

In the earlier home hubs, the Ethernet ports were emulated and initialised as part of the startup script which was in firmware, so its possibly the same with the HH5.

If the firmware image is corrupted, then a factory reset will restore the image from the backup copy which is held in flash memory.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Doesn't appear to have fixed it. I had the printer IP address fixed, so I wouldn't have to keep going round everyone's devices to re-configure the printer every time the router was reset. I unticked this and it assigned the printer a new IP address following the reset.

I do not however appear to be able get it to print using the new IP address for the set-up. It still shows not connected under the device in the Home Network chart.

Plan B is looking a 4 way switch into Lan3 with outputs to the Cloud and the Printer.

Will try the reset again tomorrow morning when the house is asleep and there is less on the network.

0 Ratings