cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Line takeover

Go to solution

So if this is not the Forum for BT Group issues, where are the contact details for BT Group? Or where is the Forum for BT Group issues? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@oliverps1wrote:

So if this is not the Forum for BT Group issues, where are the contact details for BT Group? Or where is the Forum for BT Group issues? 

The people you need to speak with are the people you pay for your line rental and broadband services, only they can restore your service, it also doesn't have to take 2 weeks, BT have a priority back in service scheme for restoring slammed lines, ask if your provider have a similar process.

If someone has taken over your line, your provider should of notified you in advance, this gives you time to contact your provider and stop the takeover if it's an error, nobody at BT can help as the switching process has rules to follow that the regulator mandate, you can read about that on Ofcoms website Phone or broadband switching without consent further down look at 'What to do if you've been slammed' which currently states the following :

The switching process for telephone and broadband services includes measures to protect you from being slammed.

You will receive letters from your old phone company and new company to let you know you are moving provider. It will include the date that the transfer will take place.

If you don’t want to move to a new phone company, you should tell the provider who has taken over your service that you did not agree to the transfer. If you do this within 10 days, they will be able to put a stop to the transfer and you can carry on as before.

If the provider refuses to cancel the transfer, ask your current provider to cancel the transfer. This should be possible up until 24 hours before the transfer is due to complete, but it is best to do this at least 48 hours beforehand.

If the service has already transferred, ask your original provider to transfer you back to them.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

This bit

"You will receive letters from your old phone company and new company to let you know you are moving provider."

wasn't done. 

It appears there was no takeover request attached to my address, and so there was no notification. And that is because Openreach have attached a line with one address to an account for a different address.

So every time an engineer turns up to install a "new line" they're going to find it isn't necessary because there is a perfectly good line. But this "resolution" will not stop it happening again because the address on Openreach's records is wrong. That is unless I can contact them, which is what I'm here for - contact details.

Perhaps someone could explain to me how Openreach could be simultaneously be in dispute with the service provider over what the correct address is (which is what the situation is) and taking the word of the service provider over what the address is, which is what this Forum appears to be telling me should be the case. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

@oliverps1wrote:

It appears there was no takeover request attached to my address, and so there was no notification. And that is because Openreach have attached a line with one address to an account for a different address.

If your account wasn't taken over, then your account with your current ISP will still be live, so I can't see how they want to you renew a contract and in which case your ISP should be contacting Openreach and raise it as a fault, if there's issues with the address database, your provider will need to possibly raise an ORDI (Openreach Data Integrity) to have it corrected.

There's nothing nobody here can do to help, only your ISP can chase this for you, you are their customer and it's for them to get this resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

I am not expecting anyone here to help beyond offering some line of contact to someone who can.

My account is still live as far as anyone is concerned. It's the line that isn't live.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

@oliverps1wrote:

I am not expecting anyone here to help beyond offering some line of contact to someone who can.

Your current provider are the only ones who can help you, whoever you pay for the line/broadband are who you need to contact, they will then contact Openreach who will raise a job to go out and resolve the issue.
Openreach only deal with their customers, your ISP are the Openreach customer, then you are the customer of your ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

And when Openreach tell the provider there is nothing to resolve? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@oliverps1wrote:

And when Openreach tell the provider there is nothing to resolve? 

Why would they do that ? if they do then your ISP can follow escalation path within Openreach, your ISP will do all the running around, there isn't anything you can do, have faith in your ISP or find another.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

It is not enough to have faith in my service provider. If Openreach don't want to do anything they don't do anything. I end up with no broadband and the people who make the decisions can't be held to account. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

As already pointed out, if your line wasn’t taken over in error , that explains the lack of notification, but your original line would still be recorded with your provider as a valid line, it just wouldn’t be ‘working’ , the appropriate response would be  for them to raise a fault ticket with OR ( in other words, you notice your line not working , you contact your provider , they raise a fault with OR, and OR fix the issue ) so how come you know your issue isn’t just a  regular fault, and how come your provider requires you to  get a new line, contract or whatever,  how do you or your provider know anything at all about other people’s orders , if there isn’t some sort of order trail to your line/address ?

If your address is incorrectly entered on OR’s database, how did you ever get service with your current provider , and correcting OR records is easily done anyway, it just needs your provider to request OR to perform a data check against the PostOffice/Royal Mail database and amend any discrepancy.

You chose your provider , they have exactly the same operational relationship with Openreach as BT , if there are processes that your provider is reluctant to follow, or unaware of, that is an indictment of them.

0 Ratings