cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Looking to get BT

Go to solution

Hi there,

I have just moved in to a Flat and I've not got broadband yet. Looking around the flat all I can find is an ADSL socket(I think?) and appears to be a cable that has a BNC end on it which might of been for TV. 

So far I have saw nothing about upgrading the sockets or anything during the Check out process. Will I need to pay the £50 for an upgrade? I am unsure 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Looking to get BT

Go to solution

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

Which socket do you have

all the above can get adsl and fibre - some need a filter others do not

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

A BNC connection will not be for a BT connection. It will be for either Virgin Media or perhaps a SKY TV service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Mine looks like 2, so that makes sense then!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That looks nothing like a BCN connection. Did you not mean there was also a cable with a BCN connection?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Enter your address and post result.  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes. My bad It was meant to be there is also a BNC Cable 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

That would suggest the previous tennant had a SKY connection. This will not stop you from getting connected by BT.

Just do as @imjolly has asked to find out what is available to you.

0 Ratings