cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Lost email folder

I have  2 email addresses.  The one I use most is the second one I set up and so I have to log in to BT email to get emails on iPhone and iPad.  I have recently lost an entire folder with sub-folders when I open email account on laptop or ipad but folder still available on iphone.  I really need to recover folder to laptop.  Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost email folder

You are not very clear with which email account are you having problems with. Is it the "1st" one or the "2nd" one?

What happens if you log onto the "problem" email account using a web browser with this link. Is the "missing email folder there?

BT Email 

How are you accessing the problem email account on each of your devices. Is it with an email client/app or using a web browser?

If it is with an email client/app and you want your email account to synchronise with all your devices you will need to ensure that the email client/app on each device is set up as an IMAP account and not a POP3 account. To establish this you will need to go into the settings of the email/app on each device. 

I suspect you have set up the email account on your laptop as a POP3 account and as such it will not show any folders that you have set up on the BT servers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi thanks for responding.

The problem email is the new one, 2nd one.  I clicked on the link in your answer but it takes me straight to the first email address, not the problem one.  I access 2nd email a/c using web browser on ipad and iphone and can't understand why I get the missing folder on phone but not ipad.  All my other folders do appear on both devices.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The link should take you to the email login page where you need to enter the email address and password of the account you wish to access. Your web browser is possibly auto populating the other email address, just override with the correct credentials.

Did you check if the account is configured as POP3 on the phone as this is the most likely cause.

If it is just one folder that is missing, check in your mail app settings on the phone that the folder is ticked for synchronisation

0 Ratings