cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: MOD Help Needed: Changing NGA Profile to Speed

Just to add, I cannot do a test on my end as we do not have a BT phone package, just the line.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

if you have a BT Broadband package then you need a phone line to get the broadband and that is part of your package. So you should be able to dial 17070 and check quiet line and run tests

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

You've linked to a screenshot of the wrong page from the hub. You need to go to advanced settings/technical log/information.

Can you upload the screenshot here instead of linking to another site. Just use the camera icon.

post photo.png

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Hi Pippin, 

Please see my information log, 
I'm still getting similar jumps in ping.

Bthub2.pngBthub1.png

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

I'll also send one around lunchtime tomorrow to check line noise.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Checked this afternoon and line attenuation is still the same.

I've done some research and we're only around 0.7 - 0.8 of a mile from the exchange, and from what I understand line attenuation of 42 db is quite high considering?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

have you done the quiet line test?  just because it was fine last time it was done does not mean it is ok now

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  see if estimated speed range is what you would expect from your estimated 0.7/8 of mile

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Hi Jolly,

BT sent out a new hub which has changed the line attenuation stats. Connection was stable for a day before high ping spikes began again. 

Ping test from today (Apologies, the file was too big to upload) https://puu.sh/G6lf7/a938d07550.png

Pictures below;

Test as requestedTest as requestedBT sent a new hub out and these are the statsBT sent a new hub out and these are the stats

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Re: MOD Help Needed: Changing NGA Profile to SpeeD

Connection speed is within your expected range and noise margin is about normal 6db

looks like older firmware so probably get a reset in next couple of days as hub gets a firmware update

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Re: MOD Help Needed: Changing NGA Profile to SpeeD

Hi Jolly,

Will this firmware update happen automatically?

I'll keep the thread updated 

0 Ratings