cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Max wifi speed Wholehome Mesh

Upgraded to 900fttp from standard 70. I have had a btwholehome mesh with 7 disks for a number of years and pretty happy with it. 3 disks are hardwired, the others connect wirelessly. My lan speeds are 900 but max wifi speeds from the Wired disks is 250 to 350 with wireless ones at 120 to 200 using my iphone XR and Ookla Supertest. I  guess I was hoping for better.  Will I only see much better speeds if I switch to a wifi6 mesh and wifi6 devices? Will switching to a triband ac system or wifi6 mesh significantly improve on the speeds on my existing 5ghz ac devices? I am happy to upgrade if there is a good chance of success.  I saw another post talking about disabling packet coalescing but that is way above my level of troubleshooting capability. Just want an easy to install ( wireless) upgrade solution. Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Max wifi speed Wholehome Mesh

WiFi 6 does increase throughput but a lot depends on the router and environment. For example I can achieve mid 600mbps at the lowest count to 740mbps on an average using an iPad Pro 2021 connected to a RAX120 testing from various locations inside my property. This is a 2x2 client.

Not all WiFi 6 routers offer that much throughput as you distance yourself from the router and some may offer more so it’s not a level playing field. 

in general a WiFi 6 compatible client will see more throughput than an AC client when matched with a WiFi 6 router but the question is will an iPad for example or a mobile device warrant 600mbps if that’s all you are using so it’s worth thinking about what your needs are to what you want in the way of networking.

0 Ratings