cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Mobile data not working after upgrade to android 11

Android 11 has messed up my phone! Can’t use 4G or LTE, can’t minimise apps, tried the fixes I can find on Google, no luck. Can anyone help please???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Mobile data not working after upgrade to android 11

What phone are you using? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Ooops sorry. Moto G8
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go into the settings and check that mobile data is enabled

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Already done that. Also checked network type, checked APN is correct, rebooted etc. Even on with Motorola techs, can t get any solution,  it there must be something somewhere

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I too seem to have a problem. I also have a Moto G8. I'm an occassional mobile data user (mostly use wi-fi) so I wouldn't immediately have noticed any mobile data issues following the recent Android update to v11.

There seems to be a related thread on the Lenovo forums suggesting that other Moto G8 users are having problems too, although with other providers. I appreciate that it's a different Android update but it otherwise seems very apt. [If the link doesn't work, search for "No-mobile-data-since-android-10-update" on forums.lenovo.com.]

I have tried the multiple suggestions on that site, including changes to APN settings (specifically changing MVNO type from GID to IMSI). None of these changes worked for me.

The feedback on the other site suggests that there needs to be collaboration between the handset vendor (i.e. Lenovo) and the mobile data provider (i.e. BT) to resolve the issue.

It's certainly frustrating. I don't use mobile data often but when I do it's important that it works.

Is there any information from BT about this issue?

0 Ratings