cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Movement of BT Box on wall

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I've got a house I'm renovating which involves the replacement of several meters along with the main fuse. 

I have a grey BT box as per the photos and I realised I will need to get this moved to allow the gas and elec meters to be moved to the positions I want them in. I would need to move it down the wall where it is approx 250mm after the main fuse has been upgraded. 

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting this moved? 

Will it cost me to get it moved? 

How long would I have to wait before it can be moved? 

I'm not 100% sure what to call this grey box as well - does it have a name? 

I also want to have this box put on a piece of plywood or similar to allow plastering to happen behind it, the same as will happen with all the other meters- is this possible? 

Thanks 

1.JPGBt BoxBt BoxThe cable runs along the run of houses and into the streetThe cable runs along the run of houses and into the street

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Movement of BT Box on wall

Go to solution

@Andrew410 

Who provides your phone and broadband connection at that property?

The equipment would be the property of Openreach, so they would be the people you would need to contact.

https://www.openreach.com/network-services/altering-our-network

You may be able to arrange this via your current Service Provider.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It’s a BC201.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It looks like all the cables go up the wall to the box conn. You may be able to get a contractor to move it just by unscrewing it from the wall and dropping it down a bit 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings