cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My house is a Wi-fi Hotspot ??

I've just discovered that my BT router is being used as an open wifi allowing people nearby to access wifi through my router. I'm not happy with this from a security perspective, and BT will never convince me to the contrary. How to I deactivate this ?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My house is a Wi-fi Hotspot ??

You obviously have your mind made up that accessing BTWIFI will compromise your home network even though that is untrue

you can opt out here

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the help, I'm also seeing a secured hotspot called BTWifi-X which also seems to be associated with my router, could you explain what this is ? thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It's the same thing

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Mr_Pye the BTWifi-X hotspot is the same as the BTWi-Fi hotspot, but specifically for Apple users (iphones, ipads, etc) and uses a different form of authentication.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Just remember that opting out also removes the ability for you to use such hotspots as well as commercial BT hotspots whilst out and about.

0 Ratings