cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New broadband installation?

I’m planning to install broadband soon. The incoming copper line terminates in a 60 year old terminal box. I do not have a modern master box, just a basic one supplied by BT about 15 years ago and supplied from the 60 year old terminal. 

Can broadband be installed with my existing equipment or do I need an upgrade? If the latter, will it be included in the installation package or will I be expected to pay the extra. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New broadband installation?

@SheltonCooliowrote:

I’m planning to install broadband soon. The incoming copper line terminates in a 60 year old terminal box. I do not have a modern master box, just a basic one supplied by BT about 15 years ago and supplied from the 60 year old terminal. 

Can broadband be installed with my existing equipment or do I need an upgrade? If the latter, will it be included in the installation package or will I be expected to pay the extra. 

My inline box would be about the same age and is wired to a 44-year-old "type 1A" Master. VDSL (Halo 1) works well, speeds being close to the maximum predicted.

The first router came with two filters, one of which I have plugged into the Master. An extension lead for the phones and a 15 metre rj11 to rj11 lead (from CPC Farnell) runs to the router.

1a.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: New broadband installation?

@SheltonCoolio 

Who are you placing your broadband order with?

0 Ratings