cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No Sound - BT Sport Ultimate on Chromecast with Google TV

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting any sound at all on the BT Sport Ultimate stream on my Chromecast with Google TV. I'm getting crisp 4K visuals but absolutely no sound at all.

As soon as I switch to the HD stream, the sound and HD picture both work correctly. 

I know in the specs for Ultimate it only mentions "Chromecast Ultra" but as this succeeds that device and can easily play 4K content with audio from Youtube & Netflix, it just seems like a bug to me.

For clarity, this is using the BT Sport app on Chromecast with Google TV.
I've also tried casting from my phone too, but I get a "cc_k01" error when trying to play the Ultimate stream.

Seems daft that I'd need to buy the older version of Chromecast just to view the Ultimate streams..

Has anyone else come across this or got any ideas?

Thanks,

Glen

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Sound - BT Sport Ultimate on Chromecast with Google TV

It should work OK on the new Chromecast @glenjaa - it's certainly working OK for me just now.

What is your device connected to? Any soundbar or home cinema system involved?

You may need to change the audio settings on your TV or sound system.

Chromecasting BT Sport Ultimate to Android TV or Google TV devices doesn't work - a known issue that Google won't fix.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ah OK, well it's good to know it should definitely work then.

It's connected straight into the HDMI on my LG TV, audio is connected via optical cable from the TV to an LG soundbar.

I've had a play around with audio settings on the TV to no avail.

Considering the audio works perfectly fine on the HD stream, it shows the audio from Chromecast to TV to soundbar is working.

I've tried reinstalling the BT Sport app on the Chromecast which made no difference

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The audio on HD is only stereo. The audio on BT Sport Ultimate is one of Stereo, EAC3, or EAC3-JOC depending on the content and what your device is telling us it supports. If the TV is claiming EAC3 support but then is failing to decode it, you would end up with silence. It's also possible that the TV is failing to pass the audio to your soundbar in a suitable format. I'm afraid I'm unable to advise on specifics for your setup though.
One important point - the decision on which audio options to use is made when the content is started, so make sure you start/stop the stream after changing each setting to make sure it picks up the correct format based on what your TV is currently telling us.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for sharing that knowledge and tips, very much appreciated.

I'll have another play about with the settings and see if I can get it to come good.

Cheers

0 Ratings