cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Cut off

If there's one thing that's become clear it's that I'm not about to be reconnected any time soon, because of the Byzantine nature of potential contact and the obfuscation practiced by BT. The interdepartmental 'relay hand off' I've suffered is staggering. All I've asked for, from virtually the beginning, is that BT put a process in place that prevents BT from making idiotic errors. We received 2 letters, both dated 26/08/20 'cancelled line transfer' and 'line to be transferred' after we'd been assured it wouldn't happen 3 times. Stop that happening! The letter cancelling it must take precedence and prevent the continuation of the 'cut off' error. Get a teenager to write some Code that prevents your inadequate system from scoring own goals like this. Automatically generated conflicting letters being sent out simultaneously should make an account 'flash' a warning to itself, that instigates a competent employee stopping this idiocy. I don't want this happening to anyone else. Can any of you see that this ridiculous situation could be stopped? If this simple practice was in place, this idiotic event would be impossible. Tell someone to prevent it. Become Non-(self)employee of the month. Take this advice to someone, use it, it's yours. Good luck! Let me know when you're successful.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Hi @Cutoffinerror I'm really sorry your BT service has been disconnected in error, this is not something that other members of the community will be able to fix for you so @imjolly has highlighted your thread to me, he is a customer like yourself and very kindly spends his own time on the community sharing his extensive knowledge with other customers and has been designated a community leader by BT to help the community run smoothly. Your posts are still in the public arena and just as visible as before however they are now all in the one place which makes it easier for the rest of the community to follow the thread. 

I appreciate you're not happy with BT at the moment which is entirely understandable and justified given the circumstances and we'll be happy to help in any way we can to get you reconnected, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get your details over to the moderation team if you'd like us to look into this.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

there is a system in place when BT received notification from another ISP to take over your line, usually as customer is moving to new ISP, then a notification is sent to customer saying sorry you are leaving but if it was not you to contact BT immediately to stop takeover

for some reason the automatic system has failed you

the forum mods will help but you just need to wait until they post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

I appreciate you must be busy, but your 1st sentence doesn't make sense. I presume there are words missing and it needs punctuation.

As I iterated, and am now reiterating, we received 3 confirmations, during phone conversations, that the people we were speaking to would cancel the 'order' (which we'd never placed!)

Something I haven't as yet mentioned is that my wife was persuaded to renegotiate our package (ironically) on 26/08/20 when the conflicting letters were sent. In my opinion the 'flash' that should've occurred, when the simultaneous nonsense was sent by BT, should've intensified to 'bells' ringing too, given that we HAVE a new contract (26/08/20 to 26/08/22)! When we received the 2 letters, a few days later, I got the 3rd verbal promise it would stop that day. An email arrived at 00:33am on 09/09/20 telling us we were cut off. Wow!

Get someone to instigate what I'm demanding, before anymore unfortunate BT customers suffer. Seriously, forward this to a programmer who can prevent this madness! I want confirmation that you've taken this seriously and done that. Nothing else.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

as I posted already - I am a customer just like you and do not or have I ever worked for BT.

you can take up your point when mods post a link for assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

0 Ratings