cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Ordered 900MB without landline, can I keep current landline with my previous ISP

Go to solution

Basically I ordered a switch to BT's FTTP 900Mb package and I chose without BT landline.  Now I am currently with Sky and I have a landline and TV with them which I do actually want to keep.  Will the order effect my landline or will the install go ahead and have no effect on my landline, with the only effect being that I get my fibre from BT and my phone and TV from sky?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Ordered 900MB without landline, can I keep current landline with my previous ISP

Go to solution

It will have no effect at present to your phone and TV service from SKY. What are you going to do when Openreach shut down the copper phone service in your area sometime over the next 4 yrs?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Re: Ordered 900MB without landline, can I keep current landline with my previous ISP

Go to solution

At that time i'll switch to BT's VoIP service, but thanks for the clear up

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

@StormbrAIN 

You may find that Openreach have to remove the copper connection, to install the fibre cable, so you would lose your landline connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Is that for certain Keith?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

@StormbrAIN wrote:

Is that for certain Keith?

It would depend on how Openreach propose to do the installation. Where does your copper landline come in at the moment? If its comes in underground via a small duct, then there may not be room for both the existing copper and fibre cables.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

It comes in overhead from a pole across the street

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

I phone to cancel my order and re-order with phone then

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

@StormbrAIN wrote:

It comes in overhead from a pole across the street

I think Optical fibre also comes that way, but others here may be able to advise, but I cannot see Openreach running an additional overhead cable.

Was there any reason why you needed to keep your Sky landline, as i did not think it was needed for their satellite TV service?

If the phone number is important, then you may not be able to port its over the BT Retail Digital Voice service.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

I am talking with BT now, they are asking the install team if they would have to, if they do ill re-order with the digital voice added on

0 Ratings