cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Out of contract

Hi all, I hope someone can help. 

I am now out of contract and looking to change deal. I'm currently on Fibre with Halo 1 and although I have a landline, I have had all incoming and outgoing calls blocked for a couple of years (phantom calls were racking up huge bills for me). I've had an email through offering deals, but they are all more expensive than my current price. and include things I neither want nor will use, such as mobile data and calls.

I've looked on the main page and see there's a current offer for Fiber2 at the same speeds I currently get, but with no landline for £29.99 (I currently pay £54.85 all in (including line rental and call barring etc). But this is not offered to me in personalised deals. Am I still able to take this offer up?

If so, do I still need to pay a line rental? There's no mention of it in the deal, so I'm really confused. I would really like to get rid of the landline and just have the fibre broadband. That way I can save money on call barring and stuff.

Would I need to cancel my existing 'out of contract' deal first or would I just be switched over automatically? I wouldn't want to be charged for two lots of broadband.

Any help and advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Out of contract

If you are out of contract I would suggest you ring the options team to find out the best deal that suits you. 0800 800 030.

Line retal is no longer a separate charge, it is included in the broadband cost. With or without a telephone contract you still need a line to deliver your broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, but simply phoning BT isn't really an option. As I said I have a bar on all outgoing calls (and don't have an actual phone to use), can't make personal calls at work and don't have access to another phone... this is why I'm asking for advice on here.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you cannot use your landline do you not have a mobile or access to move and phone 0800800030. Failing that you can go to mybt and look as your offers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings