cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 55

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20822A now live

Mine has now been up for nearly six days, all discs the same, without a hitch since I fixed the IPv6 issue and did a factory reset so it may be worth a try for you and give 822A another chance?

It's odd that different versions are problematic for different people. Could it be a local environment and disc positioning issue? One of my discs always shows a "Relocate disc" message on the Android app, it wants to be further away but short of buying a bigger house I can't oblige it. Perhaps you could benefit from a positioning rethink, or even swap the discs around?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 55

Nothing changed since the last 3 or 4 firmware updates, and now unable to roll back it appears. I will factory reset system today but not holding much hope on that fixing it.

Added: i rebooted both none primary discs  and now displaying firmware version on all 3 disc:  SGAB20822A and still offering roll back to 224.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 55

Not sure whether there are address typo's here. I would expect the discs to have DNS and DHCP configured to use the routers private/internal address e.g. 192.168.0.1

What's confusing is that Virgin Media has public address space at 194.168.0.1. I think the router  should be configured to use the VM DNS server address.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 55

Regarding rolling back firmware, my apologies the problem seems it was at my end, i noticed in the logs it had failed to download 224firmware, seems the DNS was getting blocked via DNS sink-hole

Sorted now well 2 discs have rolled back just waiting for system to sort itself out now.   

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 55

To be fair i needed to report back with this info, its not this 22A firmware causing the reboot problem, after 6 days uptime on SGAB208224 one of the disc's (not primary disc but the other disc connected via ethernet BH) has just rebooted, this is the same disc that rebooted on 22A before rolling back. i would think its the disc that has the most traffic.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 55

Yeah that sounds similar to my issues.  One disk (happens to be the master for me) reboots every few days.  Happened on the last few releases of firmware (final and early adopters) - not seen anything back from BT to whether they are investing any further time in troubleshooting these issues.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 55

This firmware is still very very buggy, i don't have any data usage in gui for any disc, do you? Does the disc that reboots for you give you any logs? 

I just went to look at the logs but that disc displays this message "There is no log information for disc Lounge" yet my other two disc's do have logs, i think i need to factory reset it and test again.

Seems we are still some way off a stable firmware or maybe a hardware issue.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 55

Yes I now get data usage.   Didnt use to until this last firmware release.

Just checked the web gui and getting logs as well across all my discs (last update to logs yesterday).

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 55

I have just reset my disc, maybe worth sending the logs to BT from the disc that reboots next time it reboots, interested to see what it says before reboot myself.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 55

For feedback...

All discs have been up for 14 days (since factory reset) and logs are populated for all three discs.

No dramas or dropouts, even the DSL has been up for 14 days, since I replaced the Smart Hub 2 with a Tp-Link VR600 v2 and BTs computer no longer has the ability tell it to reboot regularly, and IPv6 is working reliably.

So no problems, which is something I haven't been able to say for some time, since my old system (Smart Hub 2 with 2 Complete WiFi discs) has been chucked in a cupboard. Unfortunately at my own expense, although, to be fair, BT did make an ex gratia payment of £100 which helped a little.

0 Ratings