cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Call blocking with Digital Voice

Go to solution

Ok ....I have removed my mobile number from the 4600 memory so it should be an unknown caller. If I then call my BT system it rings on all handsets, if I answer on my 4600 there is no message to press 1 to receive the caller info just silence ! I can hear myself muttering *%&£% words !!

Back to the handbook to double check including the advise so far.  Now going to reboot the base.....We will get there !

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
I've reset 460 handset from start, all setting should now announce unknown caller, but no joy ! Will wait to see if BT tech can sort it
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

did you make the changes I suggested with DV handset as with DV you actually have 2 lines so you can receive 2 separate calls at same time or make a call while other phone is in use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

Hi, I have checked DV and definitely on single line, I have max rings on BT 4600 and as far as aware less rings on DV. I'm wondering if Call Protect (DV) settings are overiding BT4600 Call Guardian settings somehow ?

I've spent long enough on the problem, hopefully BT tech can solve it.

It's strange it appears Keith B has identical setup and working ok, must be something I'm doing wrong !

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS wrote:

It's strange it appears Keith B has identical setup and working ok, must be something I'm doing wrong !

No, I am not on BT Digital Voice, I have a 12Mb ADSL connection and a proper copper line connection, which works fine with the BT4600. I was just trying to suggest a few things that may help.

I cannot really see what the issue is, if the BT4600 is getting the CLI information, and displaying the number, unless its developed a fault, or is not actually intercepting the call for some reason. It should loop the line once it detects an incoming ring, if the number does not match or exists in the phone`s directory.

What happens if you set the call option to answerphone instead of announce, does the call get intercepted?

Your DV setting needs to be maximum rings, and the BT4600 less that that.

I am wondering if because there is a BT DV phone connected as well, the BT4600 is not being recognised when it loops the line, so the ringing is let through? It should trip the ringing current, and lop the line, which should stop the ringing. I wonder what would happen if the BT DV phone was de-registered?

I am sure that there are others with DV and the BT4600 or similar.

Message 16 of 20

Go to solution
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't gone DV, but it came with a disc to improve WiFi into my kitchen and according to to the ' blah' it won't be an option you can avoid soon !
My BT 4600 is on a copper wire into the house from a outside pole and was working perfectly cutting all unwanted calls set to 'announce'.
As said I'll wait for the BT guy and hopefully post his solution. 😞
Thanks both for the suggestions.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS wrote:

Hi, I have checked DV and definitely on single line, I have max rings on BT 4600 and as far as aware less rings on DV. I'm wondering if Call Protect (DV) settings are overiding BT4600 Call Guardian settings somehow ?

I've spent long enough on the problem, hopefully BT tech can solve it.

You should have max ring settings on DV Phones and a lesser number of rings on 4600 so that the 4600 answers the call before the DV picks up the call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

I may have solved it ! The tech guy isn't here yet but I think it's as simple as Turning off Call Protect on the Digital voice system AND ensuring CALL GUARDIAN  is turned ON on the BT 4600 system.

Using an unregistered  mobile the message to ANNOUNCE  is heard and once that is accomplished the BT4600 rings to ask if you wish to proceed which is how it's always was previously.

This has taken much button pressing with settings, really not knowing if the desired result has been stored, losing the ring tone on one or other of the BT4600  handsets at some point, but I believe we're there at last.

I will get the BT techie to check everything, but I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the manual(s) maybe it should !

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@DerekDDS 

That would be the correct combination. BT Call Protect will interfere with Call Guardian, and as I have mentioned before, Call Guardian needs to be active on the BT4600, and set to your preferred mode, which is "Announce".

Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

BT tech confirms system is now working correctly with WiFi good level in all rooms and Call Guardian  on the BT 4600 monitoring incoming calls after disabling Call  Protect on the DV program.  I have suggested to BT they note this requirement in the manual