cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re: Connect to different cabinet

1 to 3mb. I'm on a different exchange to those opposite they can get fttp while I'm on the tail end of an exchange about 3 miles away I think. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

I move down your post so you can replies to your problem and avoid confusion with previous post originator

if you are a BT RETAIL customer then enter your phone number and post results. See what is available to you

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Smed123 and thanks for posting.

Sorry there's some confusion on what's available to you. If you can post the information requested by @imjolly  we'll do our best to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Screenshot_20210314-171635_Chrome.jpg

I don't know the landline number at all. I find this result strange as I know full well it has a five optic feed into the business below. 

received_153082856668710.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

You can discover your phone number by either calling your mobile from it or dialling 17070 and the number will be read back to you.

The picture looks like a leased line fibre and would have (a) Been a bespoke provision and cost an absolute fortune (b) wouldn't be available to you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

as you can see from dslchecker results there is no Fibre connections available to you and cab 33 is not fibre enable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Makes more sense now that the business below has it but I cant as its leased. Guess I'm gonna have to keep running this 4g **bleep**e. Wouldnt be available under any circumstances? Or would i need permission from the landlord 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

It's a dedicated link that can't be utilised for another circuit. 

Message 9 of 12

The photo is of a splice point ,( DCB) usually associated with a fibre leased line and has nothing at all to do with the availability of FTTP , Ethernet and NGA FTTP are effectively separate networks ....anyone can have a leased line though , business or personal if their pockets are deep enough, leased lines are expensive , aimed at businesses that need what leased lines deliver. ( guaranteed up time , bandwidth , repairs within 5 hours etc ) and not really comparable with domestic FTTP. 
If your domestic property is part of a business building that has had a leased line at some point, unfortunately that doesn’t help you get FTTP, but does mean a ‘new’ leased line should be free of any construction costs ( the fibre already existing) but if you explore a leased line used for in a domestic setting, don’t expect the price to be similar to FTTP.

Message 10 of 12

Would I go through an isp about this?

0 Ratings