cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Microsoft taking over my account

Earlier this year my laptop was having problems and I took it in for repairs when it came back they had partially installed Microsoft I hadn't asked them or wanted it I was quite happy with what I had as I use it very little I keep getting messages to continue installing Microsoft account, I never asked for it or needed it They are also asking me for money to set up the Microsoft account I have an account with BT who I am happy with but how can I stop Microsoft from wanting to take over 

Any help or advise would be appreciated

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@snajwrote:

Earlier this year my laptop was having problems and I took it in for repairs when it came back they had partially installed Microsoft I hadn't asked them or wanted it I was quite happy with what I had as I use it very little I keep getting messages to continue installing Microsoft account, I never asked for it or needed it They are also asking me for money to set up the Microsoft account I have an account with BT who I am happy with but how can I stop Microsoft from wanting to take over 

Any help or advise would be appreciated

I would take it back to the repairer and ask HIM to remove the rubbish he has supposedly installed without your permission.

That said, surely if you have a Windows PC, you can expect Microsoft to install some extras during Windows Update. The question therefore is what exactly are these little messages telling you? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I have moved your post to a new thread because your problem has nothing to do with the thread you posted on and apparently has nothing to do with BT hence the reason it is on this board which covers general non BT problems/discussions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

ok sorry
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes I know, they didn't ask if I wanted it anyway but they want money for doing it and I am not doing that. Thanks for your help though
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

i did think it was something to do with BT because I am paying them for my account. Do I cancel with BT then. don't bother answering
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7

It sounds like your your repairer has re-installed Windows.

I share your anger as Microsoft are trying to move everyone onto their accounts just as they are trying to impose Office 365 and One drive.

If you go into Settings and choose Accounts you should see an option worded something like 'Sign-in with a  Local Account Instead" (I can't tell you the exact wording for reasons that will become clear to you)

0 Ratings