cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Regular WIFI disconnections from BT Smart Hub Type A

We have been experiencing this for weeks, but with working from home it's becoming a real problem.
Several of our devices experience loss of wifi connection, in different locations in the house. I've installed TP Link extenders, but it seems to happen all over the place.
I have a Smart Hub Type A.
We have BT Fibre Broadband and when it's working we have good bandwidth.
At present I have the 2.4 and 5ghz bands combined.
I have turned off Smart Setup.
Can anyone guide me to a solution please?

This is what the Event Log within the Smart Hub Manager looks like for a sample of these probs: there are lots more like this!

11:46:04, 10 Feb.

wl1:A WiFi device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G])

11:45:29, 10 Feb.

wl1:Device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G])

11:44:56, 10 Feb.

wl0:Device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

11:44:41, 10 Feb.

wl0:A WiFi device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

11:44:40, 10 Feb.

wl0:Device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

11:44:32, 10 Feb.

wl0:A WiFi device <40:23:43:29:D9:59> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Regular WIFI disconnections from BT Smart Hub Type A

personally when I had the HH6/SH1 I preferred to split the 2.4/5ghz bands as I found that helped my devices but your choice.  I also selected the channels manually instead of auto.  I used wifi analyser on my phone to find best channels for me

you can also change the lease time from standard 1 day to 21 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for the quick reply, distinguished sage. I've tried splitting the bands for the past few days, but still suffering the dropouts. Increased lease time doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I'm thinking of buying a new router. Bearing in mind that BT Openreach have installed the ECI -Series Modem (mounted at the fibre entrypoint in our house) am I right in thinking that I just need to buy a router, rather than the router-modem combination?

Any guidance will be cheerfully received!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

if you are using the HH6 then you are not currently using the openreach modem?

when you split the networks did you also select the channels manually instead of AUTO  i suggest you use a wifi analyser on your phone to see networks near you and channels in use then select a free channel of one where you hub networks i the strongest signal

you can also try change the wifi modes from 1 to either 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings