cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Repair connection

I have now been waiting 2weeks for my broadband and phone to be reconnected following a Rta which removed  the pole and wires from my overhead supply.

I have a teenager in the house studying for her A levels having to work from home  which without broadband is impossible for her, fortunately for her we have been able to take an extension cable from our next door neighbour which is just short of 100mtrs.

The irony of this is that their broadband speed is 62 mb and ours 100mtrs away has always been around 10mb.

So if I’m ever fortunate to get reconnected I will be either trying to get my connection up to speed or remain connected to next door and cancel my but contract.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Repair connection

Hi @Ade1952  welcome to the forum and sorry that you are without service. Have you had an update from the faults team as these faults can be complex and unfortunately can take longer than normal to restore the service. If you have not had an update please give us a call and we'll be happy to update you on what's happening.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi 

we were told it would be today but again no ones turned up.

I have a child who is taking her A levels and is working online from home.

thankfully we have taken a cable from our next door neighbour which is just short of 100 mtrs and are getting speeds if 62 mbs when we had our own connection we got 9mbs.

if this issue is not sorted soon I will cancel my by contract and run from neighbour.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Ade1952, I'm really sorry about the delay getting it fixed, often with RTA's the damage can be quite extensive and permission may be needed to set up traffic control measures to allow the engineers to carry out the repairs. I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to chase this up with Openreach to find out what's happening.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings