cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Replace BT Smart Hub 2

My SH2 has started playing up and needs replacing.

My problem is I need a router that has the phone port as my landline is going through my internet. After looking on the BT shop they only have the SH2 without the WAN port. Is this version still available or is there an alternative anyone could possibly suggest?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Replace BT Smart Hub 2

If you are still in contract call customer services 0800 800150 to get a replacement.

The latest firmware on the SH2 means that a dedicated WAN port isn't needed, LAN port 4 can be configured as a WAN port.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Is this straight forward to do? Have looked online for a guide and couldn't find anything

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

there is now a heading in advanced settings then broadband and toggle FTTP on/off  that easy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes. The only catch22 is if the new hub doesn't have the right version of firmware when it arrives, you won't be able to connect it to line to update it.

fttpmode.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

So if it doesn't have the right firmware then there is no way to update it?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

No, other than taking it to a friend/neighbour with a BT FTTC connection and letting it update there. Not sure exactly when the requisite firmware was released, but it was a little while ago now.

0 Ratings