cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Returning Equipment

I recently upgraded to Halo 3+, but cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period as the WiFi was worse than I already was getting.

My contract was reverted back to Halo 1, and I have to return the equipment I was sent for Halo 3+.

Although the email only asks me to return the Hybrid Connect and the WiFi Disk. With no mention of the BT Smart Hub 2.

I will probably return all the equipment to keep things right. But I’m wondering if BT would rather I kept the BT Smart Hub 2 as the Hub I currently have is dated?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Returning Equipment

If you have your BT ID and online account set up, you can login and on your account Homepage, there should be a grey box that says "please return your equipment" and you can click on "View Details". That will show what equipment they are expecting you to return within the given timeframe and if you do not, then it shows the cost of not returning it.

If the SmartHub 2 is listed, then they are expecting a return of it, otherwise they will charge you £50 on your next bill. If it is not listed, then they are not expecting a return of it at this point in time, so you can continue using it.

If they expect it to be returned, you could always call customer services and ask if you can keep it to continue using it as you remain a BT customer. I find they are usually very good with me for this kind of stuff.

Message 3 of 4

Thanks, I had a look at that section of my account and it says I need to return the hybrid connect and WiFi disk or get charged. Then in a separate section it says please return the Smart Hub with no charge mentioned.

I’ll give them a phone to confirm.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @McHighland welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see the Halo 3+ service didn't suit. If the email doesn't specify that the Smart Hub 2 needs to be returned then you should be able to keep it.

Just seen our posts crossed and you've checked this in MyBT and you're getting conflicting info. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings