cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 5

Rewiring a redundant 5CMk4 to allow Dect phone to be relocated back to its original room.

Go to solution

I have a standard NTE5C MK 4 master socket with outlets for a BT plug and a broadband rj45.  I have been upgraded to FTTP and the phone service is now Digital Voice.  The 5CMK4socket has thus become redundant.  My master Dect phone now plugs directly into the router in my study instead of into the extension socket in the kitchen that was connected to the 5CMK4.   Can I rewire the redundant 5CMk4 to enable me to plug a telephone lead between the 5CMK4 and the telephone socket on the router that would allow me to relocate the master Dect phone in the kitchen?  If so how?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Using a redundant 5CMK4 master socket to relocate DECT phone

Go to solution

I have a standard NTE5C MK 4 master socket with outlets for a BT plug and a broadband rj45.  I have been upgraded to FTTP and the phone service is now Digital Voice.  The 5CMK4socket has thus become redundant.  My master Dect phone now plugs directly into the router in my study instead of into the extension socket in the kitchen that was connected to the 5CMK4.   Can I rewire the redundant 5CMk4 to enable me to plug a telephone lead between the 5CMK4 and the telephone socket on the router that would allow me to relocate the master Dect phone in the kitchen?  If so how?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Using a redundant 5CMK4 master socket to relocate DECT phone

Go to solution

this has been covered on the forum already and if you used the search facility you would find answer  here is one

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-voice-phones-only-work-near-your-hu...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks. I did try the search facility but did not find the answers. Perhaps this was because the questions posed were rather convoluted and I did not realise that they were describing the same problem.   I had already disconnected the incoming pair and used a patch lead but could not get a ring tone  when I relocated the master phone  back to the kitchen.  I will now get a new patch lead and try that. Thanks for your help as I know that what I was trying is the correct solution  I just have to make it work. Best wishes

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to confirm that having connected the router to the 5CMK4 master socket with a new patch lead after having disconnected the incoming pair at the back of the socket  I was able to relocate the master Dect phone back to the kitchen and all is working perfectly. It was the original patch lead that was at fault.  Thanks again

0 Ratings