cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Samsung S21 - free buds offer expired but still live?

I have recently received my new upgrade from ee as facilitated by bt - and have been trying to claim the free buds live and the gift worth 39.99 from taking out the full insurance cover as promoted. Neither of which I seem to be eligible for despite the offers still being live online.

I spoke to 5 people yesterday about the new contract with free buds live as advertised on BT for the EE phone deal. I upgraded - no problems. The lady who sorted it for me went above and beyond and checked with her manager about the offers status before we proceeded.

Since then I have tried to redeem the offer on the samsung members website as directed. It expired on 27th Feb. Despite speaking to numerous people from BT I am not satisfied - how is my best option to just cancel the contract when I do not have a problem. It is BT that are unwilling to rectify the issue. And why is the offer still live on the BT website?! 

I have been told I will get the buds - however after the 14 day cooling off period - essentially trapping me in a contract without the items guaranteed and no options to then return the phone. Having read samsungs t&Cs on the offer you can claim from the day of purchase which was not what BT have said.The solution offered is unacceptable. Either return the phone and have nothing except additional stress or keep the phone and wait for nothing.

Can someone please advice what to do or if anyone else has had an issue(s) like this please.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Samsung S21 - free buds offer expired but still live?

@Whitneymariewrote:

I have been told I will get the buds - however after the 14 day cooling off period - essentially trapping me in a contract without the items guaranteed and no options to then return the phone.

That would be correct and apply to all promotions, otherwise what would stop a customer ordering the handset, claiming the gifts and then cancel during the cooling off period ?

If you're happy with the phone, wait until you're outside the cooling off period and then contact EE to see what is needed to claim he earbuds and gift, if you're still unsure, ring EE and ask them to note your account that you qualify for the gifts, so then there's evidence of your request.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Samsung S21 - free buds offer expired but still live?

Hi Richie, 

Thanks for replying - I appreciate what you are saying. But to claim the buds samsung has to first verify your purchase and can take up to 45 days once verified to send them. However as I previously mentioned this offer only ran from 29th Jan to  25th Feb - and claims must be made by 30th march at the latest for purchases made on the 25th. So even if the offer were valid I would not receive receive anywhere near the end of the cooling off period. 

The buds gift is fulfilled by samsung who in their t&Cs state they are not responsible for any issues in late claims, misinformation or misadvertising from other companies such as BT. 

So my question really is - because I am happy with the handset - if I were to wait how can bt assure that I get the items that came with this phone deal? Is there an option to have them sent out directly. I have been told its already documented on my account because of the communication between myself and BT. I don't feel assured that this is something that can definitely be handled if I were to wait.

0 Ratings