cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Setting up Digital Voice adapter

Go to solution

Hi all. I am trying to set up a Digital Voice adapter prior to switchover. Following the instructions in the leaflet that came in the box, and it won't work.

There is a comment in the leaflet : "If you changed your base PIN on your Hub from the default 0000, you will need to change it back temporarily, before you link your Digital voice adapter to your Hub".  Then there is a link to an on-line guide that doesn't provide the relevant information.

I have been round the various bits of BT Help for some time and nowhere can I find any hints on how to access the  "Base PIN". Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

BTW  we are NOT talking about the Admin password here - I may be dim but not quite that dim!

Thanks all

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Setting up Digital Voice adapter

Go to solution

You need to wait until you are changed to DV and SH2 shows your phone number then the SH2 is the dect base station and your adapter should then pair to hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

OK thanks. I'll wait!

I'm not sure what you mean by SH2 though?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The SH2 is the newest BT HUB which is needed for digital voice as it acts as a dect base station for your phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Aah..Smart Hub 2.. Yes, I have that. 

Obviously I am a s dim as I thought I wasn't...

Thanks again 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I am so glad that you answered my puzzle to what SH2 means - I think I am also as dim as I thought I wasn't!

I hope you got your phones sorted out!  We switched this week to DV and are finding out just how dim we are...!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
😂👍Love ur sense of humor retrieve!! Don't ever lose it.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you ' imjolly ' for confirming all that I had suspected, following my multiple attempts to link/set-up the Digital Voice Adapter (DVA), in advance of the Digital Voice 'switch-over' deadline. Unfortunately, the accompanying DVA leaflet makes no mention that DV switchover must occur PRIOR to effect linking the DVA to the HUB. Cheers, C.

0 Ratings