cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Signal Dropping out all the time, for the past 2 Weeks. Never happened on my Home Hub 3

Go to solution

@Hevski77 

sorry but these are the logs it is the logs/information page which shows the detailed information about your connection

from dslchecker results it is showing your connection speed on 3/10/21 was only 0.8mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Re: Signal Dropping out all the time, for the past 2 Weeks. Never happened on my Home Hub 3

Go to solution

2B76B5DC-486D-4C41-89B0-DB3F0D6ED110.jpeg
AE300A5C-F4DF-4ACB-B573-7A4991DFBB2C.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

Yes the 3/10/2021 was actually when an engineer was meant to come out. But the issue was supposed to have been rectified, but it hadn’t been. It wasn’t rectified at all. No engineer came. They cancelled it because I said the fault had been fixed, when I hadn’t said that, and when it hadn’t AT ALL. Apparently BT does these stupid automated things, just to get peoples cases closed, even when the issues aren’t fixed… My issues with connectivity happened around the weekend of the 24th September, even before that. My internet dropped out 1000 times over 4 days, over that weekend. 

Then it went off completely between the 3rd and 5th, totally disconnected, wouldn’t reboot, or come back. Another engineer was meant to come out on the 5th and again cancelled and then finally a engineer came on the 7th, checked the line for ages. And then it even dropped out when he was in my home, and then it just went off again completely, like before, that night. And they automatically sent out a Smart Hub (Home Hub 6). (I’d wanted a Home Hub 5 but apparently you don’t have them anymore).
It’s so confusing replying to you here, not everyone is technically minded. Or know you want them to show you.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

can you post the hub stats - what you posted was the logs but stats are found under advanced settings/technical log/information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ80584488

Firmware version:

SG4B1000E020

Firmware updated:

09-Oct-2021

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 6 Minutes 55 Seconds

Data rate:

448 kbps / 1.54 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

836 / 1444

Noise margin:

12 dB / 4.7 dB

Line attenuation:

63.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

31.5 dB / 63.5 dB

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_992_1_ANNEX_A

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

2 MB Uploaded / 3 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

thanks for the stats

it shows you have a HH6 not a SH2 which is probably better for your adsl connection.  you currently are connected at 1.54mb.  your connection time is only 6min was that hub dropping connection of manual reset?

as you are using wifi it may help if you split the 2.4/5ghz networks

have you split the networks   

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
Yes I’ve done all that, it’s on 2.4/5 Ghz and it’s still not working as it should. It’s still dropping out too much. I don’t know why as I haven’t done a thing at my end. To cause this.
They say there’s nothing wrong with my line, nobody has gone up any poles (when I think that’s where an issue might be).
Yes I have a HH6 NOW, after the SH2 didn’t work……… and even that’s not working so I need to get a second hand Home Hub 3…….

And no I’ve not manually reset anything. It just keeps dropping out. It drops from 1.5-2.0 down to 0.5-0.9 and I usually haven’t touched a thing.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@Hevski77 

See if you can get a second hand HH4, as that is better than the HH3. They are both optimised for ADSL use, and are not affected by out-of-band noise which the later hubs are. All the later hubs are wideband, as they have to deal with VDSL as well. This makes them more likely to drop out on a long ADSL line which will have wideband noise on it.

When I refer to noise, I am referring to radio frequency noise, not audible noise.

Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Ignore this bit. Lol. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
Thanks. I asked around and people already said get a second hand HH3, or even a HH5. But if you think a HH4 would be okay too…
(Someone was meant to have Brand new HH3s, and was going to get back to me, but hasn’t got back to me, he works in the telecom industry).
What causes out-of-band noise, do you think like traffic going by could affect it. There’s nothing electrical near it.
Also, I don’t think I’ve got dodgy electricity, like say a fluctuating voltage, (I’m not an electrician so I don’t know what I’m talking about), could that cause a router to disconnect. I don’t think it’s that. What you said seems more like the issue.
0 Ratings