cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Simple question guys. How do I report a fault with my broadband.

everything is normal until we get an incoming call, then we lose the broadband for two minutes.  The rest of the time we get a dial tone on the phone as usual.   Afraid I have no idea what the test socket is.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

If you remove the lower faceplate portion of the master socket you will reveal a test socket. This is the demarcation point between your responsibility and Openreach's . You need to test from there to prove the fault is outside of your wiring.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Do you still use a filter for your broadband? If so have you tried replacing it?  If you have extension socket do you filters in them if in use?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

You see this is my issue. I am not technical person. I have no idea if we have filters. i just want to report a fault and have BT fix it.

thank for your help though,
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

thanks. but i am still unclear. if things are working normally except for the two minutes after an incoming call, how do I test anything?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

As you are not doing the checks then just phone 151 and report a phone fault and get engineer visit. Bear in mind if problem is internal then you will be billed for engineer visit £85

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.