cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Slow Sync Speed help ?

Hi all

I've noticed my BT Fiber1 package has dropped in the last 2-3 weeks. I don't know when it happened exactly, but I just noticed a slow down in general so checked my HH5 connection and its now connected at 27Mbps, before(last few months) it was between 38 and 36Mbps. 

I raised a fault online and a  BT engineer came to look at my internal setup, tested , face place, wiring, master socket,etc . He could not find a fault internal. He said the fault  would get passed to Openreach for them to check the line outside the house. After he left I got and email/Text saying my fault had been fixed and closed even though it wasn't.

I tried the BT website online chat today , but after 20 mins its still spinning...

So  I thought I'd try this forum. I think I need a line / profile reset but hoping someone on here can help ?

Many Thanks

Andy

Capture3.PNG

 The connection time reset is due to me/engineer resetting router.

Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow Sync Speed help ?

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks 

stats in 1st post.

I tried a quiet line , all ok . The BT engineer said no issues at the home.

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

sorry that is not the stats required  please post stats using instruction in my first post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Sorry updated stats are below.

Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ52024262
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 (Type A) Last updated 21/02/19
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:1 days, 14:07:49
6. Data rate:3395 / 27400
7. Maximum data rate:3464 / 38031
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 7.2
9. Line attenuation:33.6 / 21.2
10. Signal attenuation:20.3 / 18.3
11. Data sent/received:2.8 GB / 43.2 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:CODS-GIFT
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:9
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:CODS-GIFT-5G
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n (up to 450 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:48
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:54:64:d9:1a:03:82
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Your connection time is only 1+ day so have you been having  connection problems with hub dropping Internet connection or maybe some manual resets trying to see if speed improves or maybe a combination of both? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

The connection time being only +1 days  is the reset  due to me/engineer resetting router Fri/Sat just gone .

I didn't notice any drops about 2-3 weeks ago, but that's not to say they never happened.

I will have reset the router maybe 4-5 times over the last 2 weeks , I was trying to see if router would sync back at the usual rate.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I think you are now in a banded profile due to connection dropping and not helped with the numerous resets  you now need to maintain a stable connection and your speed should improve when DLM removes the banding  this could take maybe 4 weeks

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @marrax,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I would agree with @imjolly it does look like you're on a banded profile. If you send me you details, I can take a look at your connection for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Thanks Gents

PM sent to you Paddy.

Regards

Andy

0 Ratings