cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Smart Plug

I have recently moved from Home Hub 5 to Smart Hub. On the Home Hub I had 2 smart plugs of one type and four of another. After the router change the two worked fine but the four would not connect.

Searching the internet leads me to think that the problem may be with the 5GHz signal and indeed most plugs on sale say '2.4GHz only'. The confusion is that both hubs are dual band so why the problem with the new one?

I really I'd like a quick computer-based fix. Failing that I'd like to buy four more of the working plug but I can't find them on the internet. The only one I can find idsthe Phillips Hue at £20 x 4.

Help!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Smart Plug

if you have the SH2 then you cannot split the networks as you could in the HH5.  you could try switching off the 5ghz network in the hub wireless and see if your smart devices will now connect to the 2.4ghz network.  assuming they now connect then re-enable the 5ghz network and hopefully they will stay connected to the 2.4ghz network

did you remember to turn off smart setup in hub manger

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings