cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart hub 2.0

Go to solution

We currently have the smart hub 2 on fibre 250, we have had the tech expert from BT out as some devices keep losing the internet connection who said that we have too many devices connected to it so some of the devices will end up losing the connection and he suggested a third party router would be the way to go.

Having had a look around for the past 2 weeks I'm more confused than ever! I believe we have g.fast I know the home hub 2.0 is unable to be switched into modem/bridge mode. On some of the forums they suggest a draytek vigor 130 modem and separate router but the modem only does download speeds of up to 100mbs so after something faster.

Have spoke to netgear who said they are looking at phasing out the modem/ router combi and could not suggest anything.

Asus suggested the dsl-ax82u.....but that doesn't work on g.fast as far as I am aware. 

Tp-link decided to run part way through the conversation!

Any suggestions on where to go from here and what to get. Have about 50+ devices connected some wired so believe triband is probably best to allow more connections. Still want fast speeds as well.....yes I want my cake and to eat it!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart hub 2.0

Go to solution

G.Fast devices are very few and far between, pretty much the Asus DSL AC88U or the Zyxel XMG3927 B50A for combined modem/router or the Draytek Vigor166 (not the 130) for standalone modem.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@licquorice Fab thanks, how do I make sure I have g.fast? I noticed you asked for a screen shot of a log on the advanced settings on a previous similar post is it where it states fttp off?

Which would you go with personally a separate modem and router or all in one? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you have fibre 250 and your hub is connected to the copper phone socket then you have G.Fast.

Having a separate modem gives you a greater choice of routers but I think the Draytek gets mixed reviews.

There is a huge thread over on Kitz that might help (or hinder).

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,25203.0.html