cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sound breaking up on BT sports channels

Go to solution

Hi 

I recently added BT SPORT to my package and have not yet been able to watch a game of rugby without sound breaking up.
seems that numerous other in this forum are having the same problem.

I have a Sony smart TV connected to BT box via HDMI cable and then to Internet  via plug in mini hubs.

On  occasions the picture pixilates but sound continually breaks up during the match. It USUALLY improves during adverts. 
Any suggestions? Because at the moment BT are not delivering the service I am paying for.

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sound breaking up on BT sports channels

Go to solution

Hi @John0251, welcome to the forum, and sorry that you're having a problem with the sound on the BT Sport channels.

Has this only started and if so was the sound ok before?
If you have any other subscription channels would you check if the sound is ok on them?
If you are connected from the hub to the BT TV box with adapters would you test with an Ethernet connection and see if the sound problem persists?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John

sorry for the delay in replying but I’ve been waiting for another rugby match to do some more observing!

Watching the game the picture and sound still kept breaking up. I had this before when I had BT sports pre lockdown.

No problems with other subscription channels.

the router is too far to connect direct to the BT box with an Ethernet. But I have plugged the cable from the mini hub directly into the TV ( bypassing the BT box) and the picture is much better ie more HD and sound doesn’t break Up. However,  if then someone uses the Internet on laptop or iPad. Then it totally fails! No picture or sound.

I know we are in notoriously bad broadband strength area but when I have phoned in the past to 'complain' they have run tests and I have been told that although it’s not the best, there is more than enough speed to run an HD TV.

im not so sure!

any ideas because it’s so frustrating!

thanks

john

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @John0251 and thanks for getting back to us.

I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Just to report back to the community, the issue was due to the powerline connection between the Hub and the BT TV box, the mini connectors were only recently replaced to try and resolve the problem but unfortunately hadn't worked.

I decided to take a different approach and @John0251 agreed to change his plan to Halo 3+ so I could send a complete wifi disc. Connecting the BT TV box to the wifi disc has resolved the sound and pixelation problems.

Thanks

Neil