cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: The way you cast BT Sport is changing

Yesterday I spent £37 on one of these cables , it arrived this morning. I was hoping to be able to connect my SAMSUNG S6 LITE to my LG TV using it. I had checked and I was running One UI 4.1 ANDROID 12, so DeX was supported. 

I can't get any Video  signal to be sent to my TV , and I suspect the USB -C  port on the SAMSUNG S6 Lite  doesn't support video and it's a h/w issue and I've wasted £37!!!!! If I'm wrong I'd be pleased to know the fix . 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

A quick Google suggests you're correct @humeka - your device does not support HDMI over USB-C.

Note: you could have bought an Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or Roku for much less than that cable and had a better experience.  I would recommend returning the cable if that's an option for you, and buying a supported device instead.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

I took your recommendation and bought the cable from the BT Shop. I am a BT TV customer hence use BT TV and not the BT Sport APP.

When using SAMSUNG SMART VIEW... I still get the "We don't allow screen mirroring message" telling me to upgrade to BT TV  App Extra (which I can't find in GOOGLE PLAYSTORE) to use Google Chromecast,APPLE TV,Fire TV  or SAMSUNG Smart TV... I have a  MICROSOFT DISPLAY ADAPTER on my LG TV which works fine with ANDROID and WINDOWS , when I  try to watch BT LIVE TV I get stopped doing so  by the message. I don't intend buying anymore dongles !!!!

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

This thread has only ever been about the BT Sport app - the rules for BT TV are MUCH more strict, and screen mirroring is never allowed.

If your BT TV subscription includes BT Sport then you have access to the BT Sport app too - it's worth trying it with your MS Display Adapter (I don't know if it'll work or not).

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

I have a BT Sport app on my Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, but don't seem to be able to use Smart View with any of the Fire TV in my house anymore. Is that supposed to be the case in 2023?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Why would you want to @gnollo ? There's an app to install on your Fire TV that will give a better experience.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

Because my login is tied to my phone sadly

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

If you have a mobile-only subscription then this also prevents you mirroring to large screen devices.
0 Ratings