cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 38

Re: The way you cast BT Sport is changing

Can you help with a couple of issues relating to this please?

I have a Samsung Galaxy mobile running Android 10 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 running Android 7. I don't have Chromecast.

1. I can cast from both my mobile and tablet to all 3 TVs in my house (2 x Samsung, 1 x LG) using Samsung SmartView screen mirroring. BT Sport will work when casting from my mobile, but not when casting from the tablet - I get a message saying you can no longer use screen mirroring to cast BT Sport.

Is this a device specific, or Android version specific issue? If so, is there any chance of enabling mirroring from Samsung Tab 2 Android v 7?

2. When casting from my mobile, the picture and sound I see on any of the three TV screens is much lower quality than what I see on the mobile. The picture is less crisp and a bit jumpy, and the sound cuts out momentarily every minute or two.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 38

The ability to use screen mirroring was only reintroduced in the latest app version (8.14.6), released on Sunday. It sounds like your tablet hasn't updated yet - go into the Play Store and check for updates.

Screen mirroring isn't a great solution - it's very heavy both on the device and the network, which means the audio and video will be lower quality.  You can connect with an HDMI cable to improve the quality.

On your Samsung TVs, I recommend you install the BT Sport app (assuming they're 2015 or newer).

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 38

Thanks.

Unfortunately updating the BT Sport app to v 8.14.6 on my tablet didn't work. I'm still getting an error that says "Screen mirroring ending soon". It has what I assume is an error code "VC585". Any ideas?

I have managed to get BT Sport app working on one of my TV's by using an Amazon Firestick, and the picture quality is much better than it was with screen mirroring (thanks for the tip). Now I just need to get the app downloaded onto the TV itself for the ideal solution.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 38

Sorry for the confusion - the message for VC585 should have changed. Restart the app now and you'll see the correct one, which is that the connection between your device and your TV isn't secure, so the mirroring has been blocked. The security of the connection depends on the device at each end, and isn't something that can be changed or fixed.

The Amazon Fire stick is one of the best options you could have chosen - it should meet all your needs.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

Many thanks Darren.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 38

How do you connect a Samsung tablet to tv using a HDMI cable, my tablet only has a type c charging port ?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 38

@daviehopwrote:

How do you connect a Samsung tablet to tv using a HDMI cable, my tablet only has a type c charging port ?

With a USB C to HDMI adapter. Does your TV not have the BT Sport app?

Message 28 of 38

Message 29 of 38

My tv is quite old, and I'm quite old, 😀 have Sky plus hd and use a fire tv box for my apps

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 38

Hi @daviehop The BT Sport app is available on Amazon Fire TV devices.