cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Too many streams

I got it on the NowTV 4K box after exiting the Man Utd game and then trying to rejoin.

I switched to the Amazon 4K stick and that came up with the same error at the same time.

Both using BT Sport app.

Had to wait about 10 minutes for the stream to de-register itself.

It seems it is checking to see if a stream is locked rather than the device.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Thanks. I thought it might’ve been the apps so I closed them down and logged into my computer , same thing happened 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

The restriction is 2 concurrent streams - not 2 devices. e.g. a web browser would look like a single device, but could have multiple tabs open - only 2 of them could play at the same time.

Stream locks expire after 6 minutes of inactivity, so that should be the longest you need to wait if locked out.

Our back-end guys are examining logs at the moment to find the cause - if you want to add your cases to the investigation, send me a DM with the BT ID you're using and we'll track through your sessions.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

@NSN1723 could you please launch the BT Sport app on your iPad and play any video please. We need to confirm that it's logging OK.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

No problems so far. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

We've found an issue with Chromecast, where if you disconnect your mobile/tablet from the Chromecast without stopping the stream first, it'll sometimes fail to unlock.  This will then take up to 6 minutes to clear.  This has now been fixed.

@NSN1723 I can see you were using a Chromecast, which could explain some of your issues.  Your iPad 10.2 was also streaming BT Sport 1 all evening (4 hours 30 minutes), which would have kept your other stream locked all evening.

@ozsat were you also using a Chromecast?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

@DarrenDev- no - although we had two devices active at once.

So a regular Amazon Firestick was streaming the game without interuption.

A Firestick 4K stick started the stream with no problem. Streams on Firesticks drop out if the tv is tuned away from them so had to restart the stream - it is that point when the error occurs.

Can't restart it on any device until the time lock expires.

@DarrenDevwrote:

We've found an issue with Chromecast, where if you disconnect your mobile/tablet from the Chromecast without stopping the stream first, it'll sometimes fail to unlock.  This will then take up to 6 minutes to clear.  This has now been fixed.

@NSN1723 I can see you were using a Chromecast, which could explain some of your issues.  Your iPad 10.2 was also streaming BT Sport 1 all evening (4 hours 30 minutes), which would have kept your other stream locked all evening.

@ozsat were you also using a Chromecast?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

OK thanks @ozsat - we'll test that specific scenario.  If you could DM me your BT ID, I can check your specific account behaviour too.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Another quick update on this - anyone using an iPhone or iPad to cast video to a Chromecast would have been more affected by this issue than most. The latest iOS client update version 8.8.0 (released 10/12/20) has fixed this.
We're still investigating other possible causes on other devices, but logs from this weekend show that the number of occurrences of this issue has dropped by 97% just as a result of last week's fixes.
0 Ratings