cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 34

Re: Using Microsoft Outlook for email

Thanks.  I have changed my password a number of times but I will try your suggestion - closing everything and waiting.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I will let you know how I get on.  I am just so cross that something that I am paying for is now not available and both BT and Microsoft have abrogated all responsibility - each blaming the other, of course!  

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 34

That error message usually refers to a faulty  .pst file.  I used to use the Inbox Repair Tool (almost every day) - you run it 3-4 times and eventually it clears issues.  But when I moved to 365 and un-installed Outlook 2013 I've not had it since.

https://recoverit.wondershare.com/email-tips/fix-outlook-error-0x80040119.html 

Message 13 of 34

Thanks.  It looks complicated!  But, when I am brave enough I will give it a go!  Thanks.  

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 34

Adding a btinternet email account to Microsoft Office

I posted some days ago about not being able to add my btinternet.com account to Microsoft Office.  Thanks to everyone who responded.  So far no luck.  After hours on the Online Chat lines with both BT and Microsoft Outlook I have been referred backwards and forwards between the two.  No one can help.  When I ask Microsoft Outlook to add my account in a number of different ways it does not recognise the address and password.  Access has been requested the short and the long way, by using Connect and using Manual Connect.  Nothing works.  Outlook tell me that I need a One Time Password from BT.  BT refuse to acknowledge that such a thing exists and have closed my case twice without resolution and without any way of contacting them.  I have therefore lodged a formal complaint.  I have downloaded the Repair Kit and used that - in 3 different ways and it says it cannot help.  Where do I go from here?  Does anyone have any similar experience?  Thanks for your support

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 34

Re: Adding a btinternet email account to Microsoft Office

I have not had any replies to my most recent post.  So, I thought that I would just vent my extreme frustration here!  The local computer shop who have served me very well over the years have told me that BT are a nightmare and that there is probably no way that I can continue to use my BTinternet.com address with Microsoft Office.  They recommend that I change my email address to one that will sync with Microsoft Office.  So, sorry BT but after some 20 years it looks like you will be losing me as a customer.  It may take me some time to set all this up as I have no idea how to do that but I am sure that I will receive expert advice which is more than I have received from BT.  I find it outrageous that, apparently, BT are now refusing to allow synchronisation with anybody other than themselves - a really closed shop which I thought we had all moved away from long ago.  I am saddened.  

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 34

I have three email accounts on private domains which are connected through my BT internet connection - they all work on MS Outlook.  I have two more which are x.y@btopenworld.com

They all connect through the one Outlook.  To be honest, I still don't quite understand what you are trying to do.  

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 34

Just for once, I don't think the problem is with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 34

If you mean the Inbox Repair tooI recommended  - did you find your .pst file to run it on - that's the hard part, it is not automatic?  How big was your .pst file, what was it called, what was its date (it is re-dated every time you run Outlook)?  Your PC shop should know where it is and be able to run the tool.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 34

Thanks gspearson.  I will ask them.   When I added my btinternet account to Microsoft Office 365 some 18 months ago it went in straight away - I have not had a problem since even when changing passwords.  I just find it unbelievable that neither BT nor Microsoft can provide me with any guidance as to why this is happening.  This has taken me hours and hours and it is still not sorted.  At the moment I just think that shame should be heaped on both providers for advertising services which are unintelligble to the normal consumer.  I have no idea what a pst file is nor why I need one nor why it appears to be causing all these problems.  Neither BT or Microsoft have offered any guidance on this in spite of my specifically mentioning it in my many many many online chats.  Thanks for your support.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 34

I am trying to add my btinternet.com account to Microsoft Office Outlook email organiser.  I have gmail included.  It will now not allow me to include my btinternet.com account.  I have replied to your pst email separately because I saw it before I saw this.   I am completely at my wits end.  I do not understand why something that was working perfectly OK has now ceased completely.  I am forced back onto BT webmail which is clunky and slow.  Thanks for your support. 

0 Ratings