cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Receiving emails about someone else's account

Over the past month or so I've received quite a few emails about a new BT order and account that are meant for someone else.

The intended recipient has the same first initial and surname as me, so I can guess how this happened. It appears that it is only the email address is wrong, which I why I'm receiving these emails. 

I've had the Thanks for Choosing BT, Start Date Confirmation, We've Sent Your Kit and the You're Good To Go emails followed by numerous You Still Need To Activate Your BT ID emails. 

After the initial few, I called BT and spoke to somebody, who quite frankly didn't seem to care. The response was pretty much 'Oh well, next time they phone us we will let them know their email address needs to be updated'

At the moment, I know this person's name, phone number, full address, sort code, last 4 digits of their bank account number and their BT order numbers. 
Isn't this a GDPR issue? 

Anyway, can anyone help me find out how to get this sorted out, as I'm sure this BT customer must be wondering why they haven't heard a peep from BT?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Receiving emails about someone else's account

Hi @Cosullivan73 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am very sorry that you're receiving these emails.  It's really important that we pick this up as a matter of urgency.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie