cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: VIRUS PROTECT MOVE TO NORTON and Reduction of Licences

Go to solution

Hi @jennygoodwin2,

Thank you for posting. What Broadband package do you have at the moment?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Hi again Jenny, just a quick check online and - if the worst come to the worst with the BT offer -  you can buy Norton Antivirus 360 for 5 devices from Currys for  £14:99 a year, and I did see that other sellers offer it on 1 device for less than £9 a year! Not sure why BT ate going to charge £48 a year! If like me, you have only 3 devices, this will be the best option. It is really annoying though to have to do this if BT change their offer.  Bet they will lose broadband customers over it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for your 2 messages, its much appreciated 🙂 

It is very wrong of BT to put this in place without informing customers. You cant find anything online now in regards to Mcafee and BT, they have removed everything possible so customers wont be able to dispute it!

I have looked online for Norton and its alot cheaper going elsewhere than the £4 a month, like you said. It's a shame as you want to try and stick to one provider because its the perks of paying so much a month. Think I will have to get Norton for the 3rd device elsewhere. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Hi Paddy, 

I have the Home essentials, Unlimited Fibre essential plan. I had 3 devices connected with Mcafee, a home pc and 2 laptops under this plan but now it's changed to Norton, its only allowing me to have 2.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

@jennygoodwin2wrote:

Hi Paddy, 

I have the Home essentials, Unlimited Fibre essential plan. I had 3 devices connected with Mcafee, a home pc and 2 laptops under this plan but now it's changed to Norton, its only allowing me to have 2.

Home Essentials comes with 2 licences, as does Fibre Essential and Fibre 1, if you somehow had 3 that was a glitch and not a change of terms.

Fibre 2 and Halo promotions include 15 licences.

Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Even if it was a glitch, that is not my fault. I have been using 3 licences for a long time now and BT were not very understanding of my situation. 

Regardless, BT should be informing customers of the change because it's not just me that is having this issue and now I have a laptop without any protection. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

@jennygoodwin2wrote:

Even if it was a glitch, that is not my fault. I have been using 3 licences for a long time now and BT were not very understanding of my situation. 

Regardless, BT should be informing customers of the change because it's not just me that is having this issue and now I have a laptop without any protection. 

I never implied it was your fault, simply a glitch that allowed you to have something not part of your package, contractually your package includes 2 licences and that is what you have, your terms have not changed but a glitch has been corrected, BT have systems that do account sweeps and correct any data integrity issues, it would of been detected sooner or later.

At least now you know, so you can decide what suits your needs best and make a decision for the 3rd device.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Well… me too, Jenny.  I have Fibre with Hive 1 and was promised 15 licences when I began my contract … I have only used three but without any Issue… I have been using three licences for the last three years, I think. I will have to dig out my previous contracts, asI am now absolutely convinced that BT have unilaterally  changed their terms mid- contract. How many more people have been glitched? What is more worrying is that there a lot of folks in March, when Mcaffee is removed, that will be left with no Antivirus on their machines. This is highly irresponsible of BT for not warning every customer about this. I cannot believe that a company would treat their customers like this, and am hoping that we, and the Moderator, have got the wrong end of the stick. We have three months to find out!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

@AlbertSnodgrass1  your circumstances might be different to Jenny, depending on how long you've been a customer you might of been given a free Netprotect boost with extra licenses, your last order confirmation will include infomation about how many licenses you have.

Home Essentials is a brand new package, it has never been given free Netprotect boosts and has always included 2 liceneses.

@AlbertSnodgrass1wrote:

What is more worrying is that there a lot of folks in March, when Mcaffee is removed, that will be left with no Antivirus on their machines. This is highly irresponsible of BT for not warning every customer about this.

If you have received something in error BT will not know about it or they would of removed it already, normally any account changes or Data Integrity sweeps pick them up, the terms and conditions have not changed, the only change is now the anti-virus software is provided by Norton instead of Macafee.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

@jennygoodwin2 wrote:

Of course you don't. There are countless free Anti Virus programs including the one that comes with all versions of Windows.

0 Ratings