cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 36

Re: When Was Dolby Atmos first Broadcast on BT Sport?

Sporting v City CL 19:12

BTBox Ultimate / 2HD- Stereo PCM

Shield app - Dolby Atmos

But what makes things even worse is that both Ultimate on the box and On the Shield app the audio is not in time with the video.

HD2 is perfect.

Can't wait till the Netflix of football happens and can kick BT down the road.

Just staggeringly unprofessional broadcasting.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 36

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas @RichieT
With no-one else reporting the same issues as you, I can only assume some form of incompatibility with your equipment. I don't have any way to diagnose your issues - especially when we only get one or two attempts each week.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 36

I'm sure others have similar problems, they just can't be bothered with complaining about it or dealing with the mindcrushingly painful experience of dealing with the chat humanoids.

Well I guess that's that then.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

@DarrenDev 

I'm not very impressed with the response that "my equipment is incompatible" sounds like something the people on the chat help might say.

Inter v Liverpool 

Same as yesterday 

BT Box Stereo PCM 

Shield Atmos 

The fact that that both devices had different results last week indicates complete opposite of not compatible. It shows the 4K box is accepting and outputting Atmos when it's broadcast.

I'm also not happy that BT doesn't know or Won't tell customers in advance what games are being broadcast in Atmos.

I spent a lot of money on my Sonos equipment partly because BT advertise the games being broadcast in Atmos.

I'm happy to try a different box, newer box, but I'm not going to pay for that, and that has not been offered to me for free.

I'm writing this here for others to see and so the ombudsman can see how much effort I have made to get this problem rectified and BTs response.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 36

@RichieT I totally agree with you about not publishing Atmos information - it's something I've questioned many times, however it's considered confusing to show customers that an event could be in Atmos, when on many platforms we cannot tell if the device is definitely capable.

As for your equipment - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and from more than one device.  If it was consistent, or always on one device but not on another, I'd be more inclined to think it's an app issue.

I offered to investigate in more detail, but it was a week before I had a response.  I lead the dev team, so helping out on here is best efforts - trying to help you is proving incredibly time consuming, and with the variable results so far, I'm not convinced it's going to get us anywhere.

I don't think we (BT) have the resources to be able to diagnose issues with your setup - I'm sure if the box was returned to us, it would be tested and confirmed as working correctly.  The same is true of the app on Android TV - it works OK with the devices we've tested.

Thus I don't know what else to suggest.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

@DarrenDev 

So lets look at this in another way then, because I'm a Liverpool supporter and the game last night was exactly the type of match that sounds good with Surround/Atmos.

I chose to watch it on the Shield because the box was only broadcasting in Stereo.

I would prefer the box because you can pause adverts and I prefer the picture on the box for football compared to the shield

There was a clear delay though. No other streaming sites Apple,Netflix,Ripped BluRays, Youtube ,Games etc on my shield have this problem, only BT. When watching movies or TV an audio delay is much more noticeable and I would show up more easily. With Football a small delay is beareable but considering how much I pay BT every month, not acceptable. I'm sure a lot of the watching public don't even notice there is a delay. My wife and mum for a start dont notice until I tell them. Then when they know they can claeraly see/hear the sound of the ball after the players kicked it.

If you at least broadcast the Ultimate Channel (revolving advert when nothing is on) in Atmos we could all (you included) test it more easily. I pay an extortionate amount of money to watch football on TV and I don't want to spend the time the match is on testing and fault finding.

So lets move on from diagnosing my equipment.

Tell me a setup that works, I'll go buy it and see if it still works as advertised.

I shouldn't need to do that but with the equipment I've got and the amount of troubleshooting I've done I know its not my equipment (could be your box though)

The ball is back in BTs court. I'm not getting what I pay for is the bottom line, so I expect BT to remedy the situation, I've bent over backwards to help.

The fact that there is no way for BT to even test this is quite pathetic really, and if multi billion£ company can't fix a customers issue it should at least offer to end the contract so I can go to Sky which just works.

If I wasn't on a contract I would have dumped BT long ago but I'm not being given that option.

I keep getting offers for a an "engineer" to come round, are they really going to know more about my home theatre set up than me. Apart from setting surround to on and watching on the correct channels  there are no other variables. Physically you can change a cable (done that) works with other products. Change the device is the only item left to trouble shoot and if its not that its back to a broadcast issue. I used to work on radio ststion and different areas would receive a different signal. (In theory a codec could get lost/changed at the point the transmission splits. I don't know how it works with BT, do different servers serve different areas/ apps etc and can have a different output? It's not for me to tell BT how to fix the problem , but there is a problem.

If I'm not getting what I pay for it needs fixing or I should be allowed to terminate the contract as I'm not  getting what I pay for.

I may be asking for resolutions here that you are unable to supply, but as I've had a final resolution from the complaints team I'm left with no other option.

But the much bigger issue here is BTs attitude to complaints in general. I've complained before about audio issues with a different TV, no Sonos equipment. So nothing to do with the setup. Phoned a friend and they confirmed same for me. Every time I make a complaint or observation about these issues they are swept under the carpet and case closed. Hence having to finally waste even more of my time going to the ombudsman.

I'm not sure when you say its already taking up too much of your time, if you are on these boards as a volunteer or are being paid. If your volunteering then fair enough, but if you are being paid, that's not my problem.

As I stated before I'm spending all this time effort & money replying/troubleshooting etc because no one else is solving the problem and I need to show the Ombudsman what BT do when something like this happens.

As for taking a week to reply, what's that all about? is there a time frame? does it matter? I was ill but hey, helping BT sort out their mess they try to charge me money for and falsely upsell equipment even at the complaint resolution level is more important. Also I don't think there were any matches on?? I could be wrong?

The bottom line is @DarrenDev  if you are volunteering your time here I really appreciate how much help you've tried to help me. On the other hand if you are getting paid then I'm not going to apologise for taking up your time. You represent the company, I am a customer. Something that seems to be forgotten judging by the way I get treated whenever I have to contact BT.

0 Ratings