cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Why can't I order Fibre?

@jammy89 wrote:

@licquorice 

Do you know if they will ever expand the service? Seems sort of backward for Openreach to not build enough capacity for the area they are upgrading considering they have targets to connect up the whole UK with fibre?

That's why they probably won't be adding capacity to the cabinet for FTTC, they are concentrating on providing full fibre, although in the unlikely event that the cabinet is sub-equipped with port cards, adding capacity might be relatively quick.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Why can't I order Fibre?

@licquoricewrote:

@jammy89wrote:

@licquorice 

Do you know if they will ever expand the service? Seems sort of backward for Openreach to not build enough capacity for the area they are upgrading considering they have targets to connect up the whole UK with fibre?

That's why they probably won't be adding capacity to the cabinet for FTTC, they are concentrating on providing full fibre, although in the unlikely event that the cabinet is sub-equipped with port cards, adding capacity might be relatively quick.

You say that they are concentrating on providing full fibre but if I check the Openreach website they say they dont even have plans for FTTP in my area and that they'll be bringing FTTC 'soon'.

2020-08-18 16_40_39-Fibre broadband.png

0 Ratings