cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Why have I received a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

I have just received a smart hub 2 and disc reader, where this comes from I have no idea, It says in my account that I ordered it on 26th July, but I did no such thing and now they say it is too late to cancel, I am speechless. I am a long standing customer and have never had anything like this, being forced to take a contract I did not order or agree to or sign up to!!

Apparently there is a 9 minute call from me to BT on July 26th, I would like to hear that call, I would NEVER have ordered something that took only 9 minutes to do, I would have wanted to ask many questions, I wasn't even aware there is such a thing as a smart hub!!

I have cancelled my Direct debit, I am cancelling this contract before it starts, I am not going to pay any penalty for cancelling as far as I am concerned I am still in my open contract with my HUb 6.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why am I being sent a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

Hi, did you get any joy? the same we thing just happened to me, I receieved a smart hub 2 today. I cancelled BT straight away but they say it is too late to cancel this contract and of course will want me to pay the penalty, but I definately did not order a smart hub, I didn't even know they existed. They say I oredered it on July 26th 2021 to activate October 22nd.......very odd and horrendous!  Cheers, Jo M

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Why have I received a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Re: Being sent a Hub I didn't order?

Hi, I just received a smart hub 2 I didn't order, they say it's too late to cancel the contract so I will pay the penalty if I cancel, but I was on an open contract with hub 6, I didn't even know smart hubs existed!! ddi you get any joy? cheers JM

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi, I just receieved a smart hub I did not order on 26th July to be sent for a new contract on October 22nd 2021, this is very odd as I didn't even know they existed. they say they have a 9 minute phone call from me on july 26th.......it definately wasn't me. I have cancelled with BT but obviously as they say it is too late to cancel the order I didn't make they will want me to pay the penalty. I was happily on an open contraxt with my Hub 6. JM

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Re: Why have I received a smart hub 2 that I did not order?

I rang them and they did not say anything about this, they say I ordered it on July 26th to be sent October 20th 2021 (I receievd it today)....but I didn't even know smart hubs existed....I am happily on Hub 6. Obviously as I am now cancelling BT they will want to charge me for breaking the new contract I didn't even ask for.

Thank you for your reply. JM

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

What you're saying about cancelling & being charged doesn't add up tbh. If the hub was requested to be sent now for a new contract then the contract would start now & have a cooling off period otherwise if it's a hub as part of a free upgrade etc it won't be a new contract so the charges would apply to the contract you're saying you were happy on

Message 8 of 8

It could be you're being moved to Digital Voice, the Smart Hub 2 is required for that.

Easiest option is call up and ask what changes were made, stopping a direct debit only stops the payment, it doesn't stop the service, ask BT to investigate and see what they say, pointless trashing your credit file over something that can be resolved by a phone call 🙂