cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Zero Upload Speeds on Android Devices

In this last week both my partner and I have found our Wi-Fi to be quite slow on our phones (both Android), but useable. However, after receiving messages to say that backups weren't completing overnight, I checked the speed using speedtest.net. Both are getting decent download speeds (Around 40mbps). But we are both getting zero upload speed. 

We've got a few different devices around the house, so I switched them on and tested them all out. The laptop works fine, suggests an upload of around 10mbps. The same of our iPad, works fine with good upload. However, our Amazon Fire tablet running on Android has no upload speed. 

Our friends came over for dinner a couple of nights ago, one has an iPhone the other 2 were Androids. Again, the iPhone worked fine and had good upload speeds, but the Androids have nothing. On all devices with 3g/4g sim cards in, we can test the 4G network, and it works fine. I also use Wi-Fi at work with my phone, and it's OK, so I know the issue is with my home network. I'm just not sure where. 

I've checked the router, connections, cabling, nothing has changed. We've only got the one master socket and the router is connected straight to that, so there's nothing else to interfere from that side of things. I've checked router setup, and have run the tests on the router home page, and it shows as everything being fine. Which I almost expected considering that it seems some devices are working fine. 

I can't work out why, the Android devices are struggling. It's been going on for about a week now, and it's doing my head in, so I'm hoping someone out there might have an idea. I've checked a few forums and followed them through to resolution, but generally they're all where all devices aren't working. I've not seen anywhere only some devices don't work.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Zero Upload Speeds on Android Devices

Why have you just copy and pasted another persons post or did you also have friends round for dinner?

Re: Zero Upload Speeds on Android Devices - BT Community

If you can not be bothered to post the information requested as per your previous post in the link above I think you may find that users on the forum can not be bothered to help you!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Try disabling Smart Set-up on the hub. My wife and I both have Android phones and haven't had any issues at all. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Because I have the exact same problem.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Not working. It's not the phone but the whole broadband even when I connect the TV box with cable directly to the hub. Laptops work very fine but not any android device.

0 Ratings