cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 43

Re: bt sport not working outside the uk.

Hello again, Paddy
I am impressed by the speed of your reply but it means nothing to me. What are 'content providers', let alone 'EU portability law'? Are you saying that BT did not take this decision and/or had no say in the matter but that the change was forced on BT? Why the reference to the EEA?
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 43

Yes, that is correct - the change was forced on us for both BT Sport and BT TV.
Take a look at this article on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_broadcasting_contracts_in_the_United_Kingdom
Different sports/competitions/leagues have different rights, and BT pay them for the rights to broadcast their content on our channels. As part of those rights, there are rules about where/when/how we're allowed to broadcast that content.
See this article about the EU portability regulation that used to apply to the UK, requiring that content be made available throughout the EEA:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cross-border-portability-of-online-content-services
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 43

Hi I am having the same issue, I am at home in the UK and error is showing as LP205. Works fine on my phone but not my laptop. Could you look into this please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 43

Fine on your phone but not your laptop - are they both connected to the same WiFi?
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 43

Yes both on same WIFI. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 43

Then there must be something on your laptop interfering with your internet connection? VPN? Anti virus product that is proxying your internet traffic?
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 43

Ik having issues with the BT App too, whether it’s accessing via laptop, tv app or smartphone app, I get the same message. 
I have rebooted and hard reset my router.. also contacted virgin media who said all systems are fine as all your other stuff is using wife and that is fine too. 

it does seem buzzard as I just signed up to Bt sport on a Monthly basis.  

I understand the fact about EU, but I’m in the UK and using it in the UK. 

really not sure where to go from here, I am not sure what is going on 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 43

If you're seeing the issue on all devices connected to your WiFi @Hameed1 then that sounds like something we need to fix. Please send me a DM with your BT ID, and an approximate time that you last tried it. I'll check what's going wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 43

Hello Darren I don’t know how to DM

GB******** that’s the id and it was last tried at 0900 approx 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 43

Ok thanks. I'll take a look a bit later. I'm afraid nothing can be done today - it takes a few days to update the geo list.
0 Ratings